Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Calcified growth on right ovary
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Calcified growth on right ovary

I was admitted into the ER 3 days ago for unbearable flank pain and blood in urine,I was assuming an infection. My backgrounds healthy in only 18. My grandma on my dads side is in remission for ovarian cancer. They gave me a cat scan and came out to be i have a Calcified growth on my ovary. They gave me a referal to my gyno for 1-2 days and sent me home with a pain medicine. Should I be worried?
Related Discussions
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There
at 18 years old, the most common tumor  is a benign tumor called a dermoid or mature teratoma. These benign tumors can contain all the normal tissues of the body including teeth and bone. So you can see calcium on an x ray. The next step is surgical removal

It is possible that you have a kidney stone and the x ray shows the calcium of the stone superimposed over an ovary (remember x rays are just 2 dimensional pictures and not the final diagnosis.)

There are also other ovarian tumors that can produce calcium such as fibroids, borderline ovarian tumors and some malignancies. These are less common at your age
please let us know how things go
best wishes
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank