Can Cyst cause hip pain?
Can anyone tell me if a cyst on your ovary can cause hip pain? It seems like now i have hip pain on same side as cyst that was seen a month ago on my right ovary. I go for my second opinion with gyn/onco on June 12th. When U/S was done DX was septated cyst appox 1 1/4" and unterine was .09cm.Plus 2 Fibroids. I am 54 and post menopuase. Have spotting & lighh bleeding for 3 days.What is thicker a cm or a mm.I think a centamiter is thicker.You girls are great on  here so I Know one of you know the answer to this hip pain.
Linda
Hi Linda,

Yes a cyst on your ovary can cause hip pain, there is a nerve on either side of your back and any sort of gyne problem seems to irritate one of these nerves and the pain does seem go into the hip. The June 12th does seem a long time away, is there any chance you can get the appointment a bit sooner?
A cm is wider than a mm and if it helps there are 10 mm to 1 cm.

Hope you hip pain eases.