Ovarian Cancer Community
Can Cyst pain /tenderness be anywhere?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Can Cyst pain /tenderness be anywhere?

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with a complex cystic lesion in the left adnexa which i understand is the left ovary?

I was wondering if the pain or tenderness can be anywhere in your abd and back rather then localized to the area where the cyst/lesion is?

I am having lower back pain on both side off and on and across the center, also i have rebound tenderness a bit on both lower ab sides but more so right in the lower ab center.

Could this all be related to the cystic lesion in the left?

Also anyone know if the left adnexa is more to the center of the lower ab or further to the left of the ovary?
Absolutely.  Symptoms are, back pain, abdominal, leg and pelvic pain.  It doesn't necessarily hurt right where the cyst is.  Have you discussed your options with your doctor?

Shawn
Adnexa is the actual ovary---I believe Linda sent that to you in your earlier question