Can a cold really cause a CA 125 level to rise?
Hi everyone, I am new to this so if I am asking a question that has already been answered I apologize.  I was diagnosed in April 2010 with Stage 2 ovc.  My CA 125 Level was 1029.  After a 6 months of taxol and a few other chemo drugs, and a year of Avastin, I have maintained a level of 15 to 17.  My latest CA 125 came back 54.  I am freaking out.  However, I did have a cold the day I had the blood drawn.  Could a cold make it rise that much?  I am scheduled for a CT Scan on Friday.  Thanks for listening - it helps just knowing someone out there understands the fear.
Yes a cold or anything can make it rise.

I can't imagine how freaked you must be.  Please let us know what the scans show on Friday!!!

Hopefully it's just a bump in the road and all is good.

Positive thinking!!!!

Pam
Thank you for your words of encouragement.  
The scan did show a tumor on my pelvic.  Good news is that there was only one and it is operable.  Chemo will follow.
So, I begin the "Round 2" fight with Ovarian Cancer.
Thank you so much for your replies.  Much appreciated.
Sorry to hear that! Stay strong, carry on, and keep us posted. Positive thoughts and hugs!
Sorry about the mass.

Alex