Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Can a hemorrhagic cyst be misdiagnosed
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can a hemorrhagic cyst be misdiagnosed

Im not really sure if this qualifies as a good question for this forum, but here goes. For the last 6-8 months I have been having severe curl up and a ball and cry pain and bleeding after sex and during my periods the pain is really severe too, and they seem to be a lot heavier I go through a box and a half of tampons. I finally I make an appointment with my obgyn and she said my cervix looked to be infected she cultured for std's and hpv. STD's came back negative hpv still hasnt came back she puts me on flagyl in the meantime and set me up for an ultrasound.
The ultrasound was very painful as was the pelvic exam. Its 3 days later and Im still hurting badly. My ultrasound report came back that I have a 2.6cm hemorrhagic cyst on my right ovary with no free fluid. Now what I dont understand is everything Ive read about this says pain is minor and no treatment is needed.Pain is only on one side. My pain is so bad I lay in a hot bath for an hour, take advil 1000mg twice a day for pain and it doesnt touch it. My pain is from my pubic bone all the way up to my breasts, and its all over my abdomin (abdomen) not just on one side. So does that sound like a hemorrhagic cyst or could there be something else going on they havnt checked for?