Ovarian Cancer Community
Can a virgin get ovarian cancer? How to screen reliably????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I have chronic constipation, a nagging ache in my lower left abdomen that started about 5 months ago, and most recently, starting about a month ago, my stomach/upper abdomen has been bothering me greatly with gas and a feeling of indigestion. Whenever I burp it is relieved, but only for a few moments, before I can feel it filling up again. I am eating less and less before I feel full, and am even losing my appetite. I've noticed, however, that the gas and indigestion in my upper abdomen goes away when the nagging ache in my lower left abdomen returns, and vice versa.

I also find that whenever I drink anything (which is usually water), I need to urinate within the hour, which seems somewhat too frequent to me.

Given all these symptoms, I am very worried about ovarian cancer. The problem is, I am a virgin (26 years old), and the most reliable screening that I've read about is a transvaginal ultrasound, which cannot be done to me. My question is, therefore, can a virgin get ovarian cancer at all? And what is the most reliable way to screen for ovarian cancer in a virgin?
You need to make an appointment with your doctor.  There are several conditions which can cause some of your symptoms, including things like irritable bowel syndrome or a large, benign ovarian cyst.

Yes, while ovarian cancer is much more rare in younger women, it can develop.  I have a friend whose granddaughter was diagnosed this disease while a teenager.

The probe used for the transvaginal ultrasound performed on me was no larger than a medium-to-large sized tampon.  Given that you are likely able to use tampons, and that gynecologists can do examinations on virgins, I cannot see why a tvu cannot be done for you.
I hope that you get checked out, as these are the same symptons that I had. I was not a Virgin though. I have never had children or been on Birth control. Please get checked..