Ovarian Cancer Community
Can a virgin get ovarian cancer? How to screen reliably????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a virgin get ovarian cancer? How to screen reliably????

Hello,

I have chronic constipation, a nagging ache in my lower left abdomen that started about 5 months ago, and most recently, starting about a month ago, my stomach/upper abdomen has been bothering me greatly with gas and a feeling of indigestion. Whenever I burp it is relieved, but only for a few moments, before I can feel it filling up again. I am eating less and less before I feel full, and am even losing my appetite. I've noticed, however, that the gas and indigestion in my upper abdomen goes away when the nagging ache in my lower left abdomen returns, and vice versa.

I also find that whenever I drink anything (which is usually water), I need to urinate within the hour, which seems somewhat too frequent to me.

Given all these symptoms, I am very worried about ovarian cancer. The problem is, I am a virgin (26 years old), and the most reliable screening that I've read about is a transvaginal ultrasound, which cannot be done to me. My question is, therefore, can a virgin get ovarian cancer at all? And what is the most reliable way to screen for ovarian cancer in a virgin?