Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Can you please advise
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can you please advise

My 49 year old sister developed abdo swelling and after a week was admitted to hospital . Following an abdo x ray and CT abdomen she has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer ( tumours on both ovaries 8cm + ) She has been told she has metastases in her omentum. She has  to return to hospital in 2-4 weeks once the surgeons and oncologists consult and come up with a treatment plan . She has had adrenal markers done. What stage do you think this is ? And what do you think the prognosis is. Any advice is so very much appreciated x
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There,
apologies for my delay. I suspect you have many more answers now.
Ovarian cancer is treated by primary surgery followed by chemotherapy.

Most women who develop ovarian cancer have signs of travel to the upper abdomen or lymph nodes That is called stage III.

If the final diagnosis is a primary ovarian cancer, your sister should ask about genetic testing for the BRCA1/2 genes.
Should your sister have that gene mutation, you should get tested. If you ave the gene mutation, you should consider the surgical removal of your ovaries and fallopian tubes

I hope your sister is healing quickly from her surgery
take care
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank