Ovarian Cancer Community
Carboplatin/Gemcitabine/Bevacizumab (Avastin)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Has anyone had experience with Carboplatin/Gemcitabine/Bevacizumab (Avastin).

Like you, I enrolled in a trial (GOG 218) with avastin, when I was also getting standard treatment (taxol and carbo).  
Studies have shown that avastin is more successful when paired with a chemo.  Just heard a gyn/oncologist speak and he really emphasized that avastin and other targeted therapists are our best hope for now.
I have had the carbo/gemzar for a reurrence w/o the avastin. It worked well for me, but I had to discontinue to caro because of an allergic reaction. I had taken the carbo before, after 8 to 10 treatments a lot of people have a reaction to it. It should do well with the avastin added. The carbo/gemzar did cause nausea, bone pain, and low blood counts and platelets.  Best wishes.