Ovarian Cancer Community
Careylyn
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Careylyn

Hi - have been to meetings and not logged on for a couple of days.   I had exactly the same treatment Mon-Fri with 2 weeks off.   I fortunately have a great stomack and did not have any trouble eating, although I will say I can no longer eat the tremendous feeds I used to.   However, if I do have trouble which does from time to time occur I take a fortified drink which my doctor prescribes "Fortisip" is the one I like having tried a few but each person is different and obviously your taste will vary from mine.   I live in Scotland so perhaps you will have totally different things to help in America but I always say to anyone who asks take whatever you can to help how you feel, I refuse nothing but blows.  
You are a lucky lady off to Alaska - if you feel OK make your trip and enjoy - I always find if I am worried about being able to do something when I get on my way I seem to get energy from somewhere and enjoy whatevery it may be.    Yesterday I was representing an organisation I am on at the opening of a well in Inverness-shire and had a great time.   I am a bad traveller, always have been, but yesterday with our bendy and bumpy roads I had to stop but it was well worth the discomfort.
Have a lovely time on your trip 0- look forward to hearing how it went.
Look after yourself
Love Helen Jane