Caylex - Liver Damage
Dear Doctor,
my mother's ovarian cancer is identified and removed 2 years back. she regularly checks the CA 125 test. my mother underwent a chemotherapy and then carboplatin 2 cycles. it was under control. But now the CA 125 value has increased to 180. So Caylex 80g was given 1 and 1/2 months back. last week, my mother has to inject the 2nd Caylex 80g. Since my mother couldnt eat much during the first cycle of Caylex, dr asked to do a scan. A smaller liver enlargement was visible. So my mother was not given 2nd caylex. My mother did a LFT twice, where the SGPT value was 150, 200. since it's increasing, my mother was given a Vitamin B capsules. Now the SGPT value is 180. Now the dr dont know where the cancer is. What is your opinion to do next dr?.. what you think of the Petscan,dr ? thank you
Hi Manori:  Sorry to hear about your Mom's situation. I think you want your post on the asking dr forum not patient forum. here is the link
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/131

best wish for your Mom
pace
jun