Ovarian Cancer Community
Cervical Dysplasia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Cervical Dysplasia

I understand that this is a forum for Ovarian Cancer, but I was hoping that I could possibly get some answers, or opinions in here. About a year and a half ago I was told that I had severe grade cervical dysplasia. Following this, I had the LEEP procedure as well as another that I'm not quite positive about the name. After this I had my regular check ups to make sure the healing was coming along ok, and then it was time to check and see if there was anything else left. At the end of last year, roughly a year after I was first diagnosed, I was told that I had medium grade. So instead of surgery, we opted for 10 weeks of 5% fluorouracil cream and premarin cream. I finished this the first week of January - I have yet to see my NP because my appointment was cancelled (in April) and she is currently away, and my new appointment isn't until August. I don't know if I should call and ask to see the Doctor/Surgeon or ask to see another NP, or just wait. I am kind of stressing out about it, I've been feeling somewhat ill, tired, cramping, vaginal pain, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have intercourse (some of the worst pain I have ever had to endure), and I have just recently been able to use a tampon for the first time since the LEEP. I also have over-active bladder, which causes even more pain in the vaginal area. My last period I had some bleeding before I ended the pill to begin the real menstruation.

I'm just kind of lost on if I should wait it out or call and ask to see someone else.
1 Comment
You finished the cream in January and they want you to wait until August for a follow up?  I'm sorry, but that is unbelievable.  I would ask to see someone else right away especially since you are having symptoms such as pain and cramping.