Ovarian Cancer Community
Cervical Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Cervical Problems

I was looking for something that has to do with cervical problems, but for some reason they don't have one. I know I am not the only one that has it, so I am writing hoping one of you know what I am going through. I come from a family that has a lot of female cancer in it. 5 of them were teenagers when they were diagnosed with either ovarian, uterine,or cervical cancer. I had my pap done in August, so I could get put on birth control. And they told me everything was fine.  A few months later I was having difficulties ie, what the "doctors" ( i am at a military base in Europe) kept telling me was a yeast infection, and kept giving me diflucan without even checking to see if it was really a yeast infection!Then in January, 5 months later, I again, having problems, made an appointment. This time, I am told my last pap was abnormal, and they didnt get around to calling me. I thought it was an std, and as my rage grew toward my husband, I am told that it has to do with my cervix. The first thing that comes to mind is cancer. She says its probably nothing, and gives me another pap. That comes back a month later, of course abnormal again. Then 3 weeks later, she performs a colposcopy followed by 2 biopsies. i got my results back about a month ago, and was told I need to have a leep procedure done, and I have to go to Florida (where im from) to get it done. They cant do it here. One of the biopsies was just mild dysplasia, and the other was a 2-3, high grade. Does this sound familiar?! Can someone please help me?!Again, I know this isnt about ovarian and im sorry! Thank you!
HiSweetie...I am so sorry that you are so far from home and dealing with so much worry.  You may not find many answers here but try visiting Hystersisters.com.  Once there, go to the word "search" near the top of the page to see what other ladies have posted.  There are TONS of women at this site who have posted about cervical problems.  Good luck and I will pray for you...keep me posted,okay?
Thank you so VERY much! I will check it out! I appriciate it, and I will be sure to keep you updated! THANK YOU!