Ovarian Cancer Community
Cold while taking chemo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Cold while taking chemo

My mom is currently taking Avastin and Doxil.  My mom has recently caught a cold.  Should I be worried as I know that colds are not good while taking chemo.

I also have to go out of the country on Friday for 2 weeks for work.  I do not want to leave my mom if the cold is going to represent a problem.  We just received fairly good news from a pelvic exam that the tumor feels smaller.  No scans just yet we are waiting to see if the Avastin is working.

Any thoughts???  Anyone else have a cold while on chemo?
1 Comment
I had a cold, but since my counts were okay they went ahead with the treatment. It was okay. They will know by her counts if she is safe to take the treatment on schedule. If the counts are off they'll just hold treatment a few days. I wish you all the best. Marie