Complex Cystic Structure
Hi everyone. Six weeks ago I had an ultrasound done and this was the finding:

"The left ovary is enlarged, measuring 6 cm x 5.3 cm x 5.3 cm. Within the left ovary is a complex cystic structure measuring 4.4 x 4.8 x 4.5 cm. Some sepatation is present with half of the cystic structure having either dense internal debris or a somewhat solid component. No color flow is appreciated in this abnormal half of the cystic structure. No other mass or lesion or free fluid is present wihtin the left adnexa. This is a nonspecific finding and both benign and malignat etiologies must be considered. Recommend standard, short interval follow-up ultrasound to documented regression and/or stability."

Should I be worried about this or will it most likely go away on it's own? I have a follow-up ultrasound Thursday. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2000 and precancerous tissue in colon. CA-125 was normal (19.7). On Thursday, will this most likely be gone on the US?  

Thanks for you input.
It is hard to say if it will be gone or not. It is good that you are having a follow up Ultrasound. I hope it is a TVUS. Remember most cysts are benign. Once a cyst is 5cm (maybe even sooner) they recommend taking them out. They won't know for sure what they are until a biopsy is done. I had 3 complex cysts and all were benign. I had a gyn/onc. do the surgery. I wish you the best and please keep us posted.
Teresa
Thanks for the support. I will let everyone know what happens. This is so difficult waiting. I wish I just knew what was going to happen and I'm wishing that this would be over.
The waiting is hard! Try not to stress, I know that's not so easy, I hope the US tomorrow goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Teresa