Ovarian Cancer Community
Complex Ovarian Cyst Many questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Complex Ovarian Cyst Many questions

I was just recently diagnosed with a Complex Ovarian Cyst.I went in for abnormal spotting right before my period came in and had a yeast infection along with it. The cyst was found by my gyn who then sent me for another US with the tech that comes in to her office. The cyst is about 4-5cm ( I think) and I didnt get a chance to ask any questions as all of this happened so fast that is why I am getting really worried. My doctor said it will most definetally have to come out through a laparatomy as it is too big for a laparoscopy. So if its so big how come it wasnt noticed before? Ive had I think 3 pelvic egzams since the begining of the year. I had a c section Nov 18th. Ive read that such big cysts were able to come out laparoscopically so Im a little confused at that too. I had the CA125 blood test done but dont know the results yet. ( im too scared to call to find out so Im just putting it off), I also have an MRI on Monday. I didint have any pain maybe some occasional spasms here and there, my periods are normal I did have some bloating but its mainly in the evening so I kind of thought it was due to what I ate. In the morining my stomach is small as usuall as it is throughout the day. I am 28, no family history of either ovarian or breast cancer. I know my doctor is pretty good and takes things seriously which I know is good. But I am just so so scared.  
1 Comment
I don't have much imput as I am in the same boat! I went to urgent care bc of left sided pain and I thought maybe my mirena had shifted or something the ultrasound showed a 3 cm complex paraovarian cyst. I didn't even know what paraovarian meant til I googled it. The doc told me to follow up asap with a obgyn but did the CA 125 and I'm waiting for the results which I won't get til Monday before making my ob app. I too am in my 20's. She did assure me thaat given my age I should not worry too much (easier said than done tho) anyways wanted to let u know you're not alone!