Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Complex Ovarian Cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Complex Ovarian Cyst

I am 24 years old and have had a number of significant illnesses in my life. When I was 3 I was diagnosed with neutropinia and last year with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Last month I went into hospital with suspected appendicitis. When the surgeon went in she found extensive adhesions with mucous and debris tenting on my bowel. These were removed (along with the appendix which was normal). The surgeon looked at my ovaries and reported that they too were normal.
After surgery the pain got even more intense especially on the right side. Two weeks after the surgery I went in to the ER again and had an ultrasound which showed a complex cyst of 4.2 x 2.9 x 2.8 cm on my right ovary. They did not tell me the type or size of the cyst until yesterday which is another 2 weeks since the ultrasound (gotta love the public system). The surgeon yesterday felt another "mass" to the right of my naval.

Could this be cancer? Could it grow that size in a matter of a fortnight? How are the adhesions related?
I am having a CAT-scan tomorrow through a private firm (it would of taken 2 weeks to go through the hospital) and will be seeing a private gyno (which originally was going to take 6 months through the hospital and all they could do was bump me up to category 1 urgent which was still a month wait)
I'm terribly scared

thankyou
Hi There,
It is really frightening to be in pain and feel that there are new growths in your abdomen. i do wonder whether your chronic pain may be related to adhesions from the inflammation of your bowels that you had. A CT scan sounds like an appropriate next step. Lumps that you can feel in your abdominal wall make me wonder about a hernia. the CT scan will help sort that out.
best wishes to you.
Hi a week ago i was having pain and a heavy period which lasted a week but then it went away i got it again with some clots, but the pain was still bad so i went to the emergency room didnt know why had the pain still took an ultrasound i have anoviarain cyst on my left ovary, 2.7 inches, and the gynolcologist to me to come back in six weeks for anothe rultrasound, but i wonder can this resolve this on oits own?