Complex Ovarian Cysts
I am 39 yr. old & have 3 children.  I just found out I have a complex ovarian cyst, it is 4x4 with 2x5 inside.  It has grown within a months time. I have been having ultrasounds for the cysts in my left ovary,one has grown from 2cm to 2.7cm and there is second 1.6cm within the same month.  Having vaginal bleeding,abdominal pain and lower back and leg pain. Have been put on med. for pain.  Have a history of very bad periods.  Having a hard time getting info on complex ovarian cysts. What are the risks of COC?  Can they be early signs of cancer?
I can understand your concerns.. believe me, I'm a basket of nerves myself.  Complex cysts are confusing.... what I've found out through extensive internet research since my diagnosis a week ago is this.... complex cysts can be hemmoragic, septated, have some solidity to them, etc.  If they are completely solid they are called a mass/tumor, not a cyst.  In my case, they believe I had a cyst, it didn't go away and now has some blood in it.  It has no septations which is frequently found in cancerous tumors.  I am about to be 38 and have one son delivered by c section.  I'm equally scared.  I'm being put on a watch and wait, let's see if bcp's (see my earlier post) will shrink the cyst, if not, it has to come out for evaluation.  The one thing I've learned about ovarian cancer through all of this is that there is no good test to detect it.  It has to be biopsied or come out.  CA 125 blood tests have had a lot of publicity lately, but certain times of the month, can elevate it and give false positives.  My dr. never recommended that.  I am having no pain that I classify as pain, just some dull aching from time to time especially during ovulation.
Thanks for writing..I'm just going nuts here...I go to the dr. in the morning. I hope to have some answers.  so tired of the pain and bleeding.  I hope you find the answers you need and that everything goes well.
Hello, I just have some resent news..I went to see the dr. today and they are going to do a D/C and Laparoscopy on Monday(1-24-05) to check for endometriosis and to check the cysts.  The one of concern is the one on the right ovary that is complex. I hope to finally have some answers after this.  I also had a CA-125 test done also,plus other blood tests. I hope everyone is doing well and finding the answers you need.
I am 39 years old, have two kids 11 & 8.  I was having a discharge from the last month and a half, dr suggested to have an ultrasound.  The result came out with an complex cyst in my right ovary and fibroid in uterous grown back ( I had embolization last year for it) almost the same size.  Dr is not sure why I am having discharge?  All other tests are negative ( for infection, STDs etc.) Can anyone help???
First, you've added on to a post started in January 2005.  Lots of people skip over the old posts, so you would be better off starting a new post by clicking on "post a question" at the top of the page.  

Second, there's an ovarian cyst forum that might be more responsive.  

Keep at it until you've solved this puzzle.