Ovarian Cancer Community
Constant Ovary Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Constant Ovary Pain

I have constant in my left ovary and left back side (near the kidney). I had this problem 6 years ago and after several months of tests had surgery and had many polyps removed. The pain was better for 6 months. It's now come back worst than ever. My GYN feels it may be uterus spasms. At this point I have some experimenting homework to do with my husband regarding the pain during sex. The one thing that doesn't make sense with uterus spasms is the pain is constant, any given day any given time I have severe pain in my left ovary. Sex is the worst, the pain will come in the middle and we have to stop. Or if I continue I will have to lay in a fetal position on the bed for 10-20 minutes afterwards due to the pain. I turn white, I've even passes out from the pain. My Dr. is not really sure what is going on. Surely someone out there has had this experience. I'm 30 & at this time a hysterectomy is not an option. Anyone had the same issues?  
I think you should find another doctor.  Pain means something is not right.

Good luck.
You need to find a doctor you can talk to... run do not walk to another doctor
did they do a ca125 yet? ask for this test as its a marker 0-35 is normal , endometriosis? laporoscopy is my suggestion adhesions perhaps tipped uterus? go to er? get some blood work , hurry along... now  i had hyst at 30 and rt salping-oopherectomy my ovary ,and appendix hx of lower rt quad pain , had tubes tied at 23 2 kids are enough
Hi jmbirds...good suggestions.  I just wanted to say that the CA-125 is not reliable for women who are perimenopausal.  It is used as a marker, you are correct, but it is most reliable for women who are on chemo or postmenopausal.

Take care.
Thank you all for your response. To jmbirds; I have not had a ca125, it was not brought up at my Dr. appointment & honestly I had never heard of it. After reading many, many forums I have a small list of tests I will be discussing with my Dr. at my next appointment in 3 weeks.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!