Ovarian Cancer Community
!!!Cyber Party!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

!!!Cyber Party!!!

Greetings Cysters!
     What a week!  I've missed you and invite you all to Cyber Party.  For our new Cysters we have Cyber Parties most Saturday nights throughout the fall and into the spring.  It gives us all a chance to relax and get to know each other beyond the medical issues that bring us together.  I'll be the Hostess this week and Cyber Bartender, I make a mean virtual Margarita!  We will hit the hot tub later if there are enough around tonight and everyone brings virtual vittles, put them on that table by the hot tub but tell us all what you brought!
     If this is your first Cyber Party, or even if it isn't, introduce yourself, tell us about any significant others in your lives, kids, etc and where you hale from.  I would also enjoy hearing what you favorite surprise was.  I had one this week when my daughter drove up from school to surprise me on my Birthday!  Wonderful surprise and one of the most memorable presents I have ever received!  What's yours?  Let's party Ladies!  MV
Hi Mare,

So glad you started a cyber party. I toyed with the idea of starting one, but it is just not the same when you are not around. Besides, I have that darn dictation calling out to me...but, I am seeing an end in sight!

Mary, you know me....for the new people...I am 53, I have been married to the same (lucky) guy for 26 and a half years. We have one human child and two canine children. Our daughter is a senior in college in California. She is a graphic Arts major with business and photograpy as minors. The two four-legged "girls" are 10 and 9 and are blood sisters. They are both real characters and bring us much joy.

I was born in a hospital in Washington, D.C. and raised in suburban D.C. Trasplanted to Minnesota quite some time ago.

Gotta run to the store. Catch you all in a bit.

Mary
This is my first cyber party.  It sounds like a lot of fun and I need something to get my mind off of everything else.  I've got a blender full of pina colada daquiris with me:~).  Have some??  My favorite surprise....my boyfriend took me on a surprise trip to New York.  It was my first time.  He told me to pack a light suitcase but make sure to take warm clothes (I'm from Florida).  We had a blast.  It was definitely one of the best trips of my life!!
Hey Brenda, Gail!
     Glad you could make it!  I love the gerkin appetisers, I consider myself a pickle coneseur.  When I was a kid I'd take a kosher dill before candy!  But with age comes the awareness of sodium, SIGH, so don't get to indulge too often (Hmmm, great stuff!)  I love your surprise Gail, I too think divine intervention happens!  Brenda, my sister and I made long legged cloth dolls when we were young teenagers and then got the idea to make marrienettes out of them.  We did kids BDay parties with them after that.  I have not thought of that in years!  I'll have to remind my sister about that next time I see her!  So even though the brandy is a thing of the past, remember this is Cyber party and the beverages too are virtual, you get whatever your imagination will conjure, so what will it be?  We will be moving to the hottub momentarily, it's at 102 F, or just perfect!  Let's chase the chill!  MV
That's a great surprise and so romantic!  I love Florida but hoping you give us a name BLWMS, otherwise, I will pick a vowel or two and make something of all your initials!  MV
oops...favorite surprise (thanks Gail...and, I have always wanted to go to the Outer Banks)....

My husband and (only) sister played a trick on me. My sister flew out from Boston to surprise me. My husband had her hide in the closet in the guest room. I got home from work around 4:30pm to and was kind of surprised to find my husband home early, but started to get dinner on the stove none-the-less. He called from upstairs to ask me if I knew where his summer shorts were...huh? This was late April (my 40th birthday was in early May).

I said I did not know where his shorts were, but that I had food cooking on the stove. He insisted that I help him find the stupid shorts. I'm thinking...what the heck? But, being the dutiful wife, I turned off the burners on the stove and headed upstairs.

So, husband is taking me all around the upstairs making me open drawers to see if the shorts were there...(this is coming out funny...he is not really that much of a control freak!) then he goes to the closet in the guest room and suggests they might be in there. I said there was no way they could be and at that moment, he opened the closet door and out popped my big sister. Oh My Gosh....will never forget it! We still laugh at the whole thing and the ridiculous set-up. Sister and I had a great visit.

Mary
I think Katie is out of town...so, I'll say "hi" on her behalf.

Mary
Hello I'm Brandi everyone!!
Welcome Brandi!  Hot tubs perfect, jump on in, plenty of room!  MV
Wow it's relaxing and warm!
Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone! THis is my first time too(feel like a virgin!).Anyway I'm just popping in to say Hi as I'm really pooped and have to call it a night(I know at 9:45)! I'm gettin old. On a fun note I spent the day today at a Wiggles concert.WHEW HO!! That's what happens when you have kids(if you don't know,the wiggles are an aussie group that have a t.v show for kids). Strangely,it was a blast dancing to kiddy tunes! As you may have guessed I have 1 child a daughter 3 yrs old and a great hubby(Who sticks up for me with nasty secretary's!). I wish I could stay but all that wiggling today has me beat.Have a great time and i'm leaving you with a bottle of marques de caceres(red wine) bought on a recent trip to spain...until next time...party on and don't nod off in the hot tub
Yipeee!  I finally made it to a cyberparty early.  I have a habit of coming in so late that it is over.
My little problem with an abscess on my butt is pretty much cleared up.  The homecare nurse decided that I did not need anymore packing in it.  Ah gee, I enjoyed to pain so much.
I brought Ham with cream cheese and gherkins in the middle-chilled and sliced.  An oldy but a goody.  In few more weeks I can bring some of my fruit cake.  I know, a lot of people don't like it but I do make a pretty good one if I do say so.  Nice and moist and lots of fruit.  Before liquor became a no no I use to moisten it with brandy every week for about a month.  Several years late I can still smell it in the container I use to store them.  I started making cloth dolls this week.  A little picky but they are cute when done.  One of those long legged one with old fashioned clothes and a hat.  Crafts keep me from going stir crazy in the winter.
Is the hot tub up to temp yet.  I was cold most of today.  I kept turning the heat up and then down again.  I need a vacation in the Bahamas.  Hot tub and imagination is almost as good.  Pary on.
Brenda
Anyone here?  I just happened by, and I think I may be the first guest to arrive!  I brought Crown Royal this week.  Don't normally drink that, but I got it as a gift from someone who thought I might like it...so I'm bringing it for all of you!  Anyway, my favorite surprise had to be last summer when two girlfriends and I went on vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  I noticed they kept acting a little sillier than usual, and wispering behind my back.  I found out why the second day we were there.  There was a knock at the door.  I opened it, and there stood my best friend in the entire world whom I hadn't seen in 9 years!!  I nearly fainted!  It was such a fabulous week.  In retrospect, I am blessed it happened.  Who knew that in a month, I'd be in surgery diagnosed with cancer.  I don't know, but I think there was some divine intervention working there.  

Hope the rest of you ladies come along soon.  Otherwise, Mary and I will keep toasting her birthday...and may end up toasted ourselves!

Gail :)
Hope I am not intruding  will tell my daughter about your party and when she gets around to coming  to the site I am sure  she will love to meet all of you.  I brought a tray of hot BBQ chicken wings .  Now don't laugh   but my biggest suprise is just getting up each morning and finding out I am still alive.  No really it was a few years back  I met a guy on the net,  he wanted to come and see me, so I said ok.  He came by bus, I met bus and saw him,  all 500 #s of him,  I hid and he never found me.  He took a bus back home and I changed my nickname on the net.  I have a son with Downs Syndrome,  without him I would be totally lost. Hubby died 12 years ago.  Daughter is my oldest of 5 kids. And only girl. I have a lot of hope for her now because of all of you.  she has 1 chemo left to go through.
A Wiggles concert, I know them well, I have a six year old, you really need to distress at the Cyber Party :)  I dont envy you but glad u had fun!!!
Welcome Star!
     Could you take over for a half hour or so, I have been invited to the real hottub by DH.  I'll be back!  (OMG Star, that was a surprise)  MV
Be right glad to supervise the ladies  now all of you move over a bit in the tub  'cause I am diving in  I brought some tub toys  lets play  Water balloon squish  drown the little yellow duckie   fill up those glasses again
You guys are so fun!
Not a bit Linda, was hoping you'd drop by, I feel like I've been away way too long!  I taught the pilot class for that course I wrote this summer and it went better than I'd hoped, its strange, even after twenty years I still get nervouse with a new course.  I was soooo due for Cyber party!  MV
i wonder if they will ever get around to transplanting ovaries and uteruses   if so I got some I don't need any more.  ha ha ha
Raven lady.  I guess I had not thought about virtual alcohol.  I must admit I save a lot of calories not drinking the real thing.  Oh,what the heck I'll have a gin and tonic.  Just the basics for me, thanks.  Want a bit of a chuckle,everyone.  Our little schnauzer has been having spells where his legs take off and he collapses.  That's not the funny part.  I shamed hubby into taking him to the vet and Friday.  They did and ECG(what's good for people is good for pets).  His heart has been missing beats every so often.  He starts on heart medication next week, as soon as the vet has it.  He said that if the dog was younger He would have gone the pacemaker route.  I love my animals a lot but a pace maker for a dog.  Logan is 13 years old and I just want him to have a good quality of life in his later years. He still acts like a pup sometimes.  It is hard to believe after seeing his collapse and roll off of furniture.  Hey, is my drink ready.  Between my health and the dogs I need something to cheer me up.  Thanks.
Have been in this tub so long now  my wrinkles  have wrinkles I think the crew zonked out    gonna get out my MK age cream and see if I can look my age tomorrow   Good Night all  Marty
My first cyber party! I suppose I'm the last one here! Oh well...I have a wonderful/handful/willful 3 year old boy (We went to a wiggles concert this spring...it was fun!!).  He is the love of my life. I do have a husband who I am married to for 5 years but we separated this summer during my chemo.  so time will tell on that one....so I figured I"d bring my favorite drink....Long Island Iced Tea.  If I"m drinking I want a good buzz!!   My favorite surpise was getting pregnant with my son.  He is my gift from god....when he's not yelling or throwing things at the dog or talking back **sigh**

Kimberly
I have seen the wiggles on TV.  My only kid is 22 now but we did similar things when he as little. We went to a Sharon, Lois, and Brahm concert at Massey hall in Toronto. Then not once, but twice I took he to malls in our area to see Pokerroo.  You probably have to be in the Toronto area to know who he is.  I think it is still on the air but I'm not sure.
We all went to Philidelpia one year because they have a Sesame Street Theme park.  It was really neat.  A lot of water slides and such.  Shows with the Sesame street creatures, and he even got to go on stage at one show where they show how they put the muppets and real people together.  It was one of the few times when my chatty, deep voiced child had the advantage.  Of the 3or 4 kids choosen he got the only speaking part.  They show the finished video at the end and the kids are thrilled.  I always liked to look for different attractions that may not be well known.  This was definitely one of them.  Read about 2 lines in a newspaper article, in Travel, and away we went.  We did the downtown Philly tours as well then took him to our capital(Ottawa) the following summer so he could see our government history.
Yawn,  I'm off to bed now.  My neck is sore from sitting at the sewing machine most of the day.  I'm bad that way.  When I start somethings I like to get them finished.
Night all and party on.
Brenda
Thanks Marty,
     You were born to Cyber Party Gal!  I told DH about how you hid from Jabba the Hut, we are still giggling!  If you are around next Saturday drop in and help me Hostess!~  I am still here and yearn to hear your stories of surprise!  Glad Marty Star brought up the wonderful surpise of having another day!  I am always grateful when another Birthday comes along, that's another year!  I'm thinking not too many here take anything for granted!  The joy of the morn is not to be missed!  MV
Good Night Brenda,
     I am where you are, I have such fond memories of when the kids were three and look forward to three year old Grandchildren but, hopefully, not too soon, my oldest is only 21 so Ich kahn warton, I can wait!  Saddle up to the virtual bar Cysters and tell me what you'll have!  Who brought the wings?  They are esquisite!  MV
Am I too late for the party? I've already drank :)

L.
opps  some one just lost the top of their suit  yellow polka dot bikini   size 4 d cup too    whose missing it?
Marty thats a fine name <grin> its my sons name and you dont see many - not in the UK anyway

Anna x
Hi All... I guess I'm a little late for the party... and I suppose the hot tub isn't hot anymore, but it's a long haul to get here. :-) Here's some Aussie beers and red wine... good exports, along with the Wiggles.;-) Good to hear that they are popular.. although one is here sick. Some mystery illness it seems. Anyhow maybe we can heat the tub up a little, and some more guests will drop by later. Anyone for a nice glass of red?
My best surprise was when my daughter arrived home unexpectedly from working in Europe, to spend my birthday with me... only the next day I was dx. She didn't return to her job, but stayed back for a few months to make sure I was fine. Daughters are the best... and sons are pretty nice too. I have one of each.
Anyhow girls, let's keep this party going. We Aussies love a party you know!!! Cheers.
One of the wiggles is sick? whats a wiggle?

Ill tell ya im defo loosing it

Anna x
Hello Anna... yes, Greg Page, one of the Wiggles is ill. He has a mystery illness but not sure what the problem is, so he didn't travel overseas with the others. The Wiggles... they are group of young Aussie blokes who started up as entertainers on a children's tv programme here... now they are just so popular around our country, and it seems, in the U.S.. The kids love them, because they sing silly songs, dance around, and do things to entertain little kids.
No.. you're not losing it *laugh*... and unless you have little kids or grandchildren, you may not have heard of them. I don't have little kids or grandchildren, but they were on tv here a lot, so we couldn't escape them. *laugh*...
I hope you are enjoying the party,and the hot tub.... and have another wine. It's good. :-)
Hope everyone is feeling fine... and no hangovers. :-)
I think the party's over. Thanks for the update on Greg. My little one didn't notice but we were curious.I hope he's ok.Yes, Toronto is a nice city but too cold in winter(mind you i'm not the wintery type). I guess this is you're summer(soon).Wish i was there..Take Care...
Mary
Hi... or should I say G'day :-)  Yes, apparently Greg Page was fainting, and suffering lethargy, so decided to stay home to try and find what the problem is. They are still running tests on him, so I hope it's nothing too serious.
My daughter has not long been back from Canada and U.S.. She loved your country, and actually was in Toronto. She wants to go back again... but in your Summer. Way too cold in your Winter. *laugh*...
I hope you are feeling fine, and enjoying the hot tub too. ;-)
I was wondering what happened tothe wiggle that was missing.I'm actually from Toronto and all they said yesterday was that he was sick and unable to make the trip...Strangely enough I kind of missed him(cause he's sort of the leader),however I don't think any of the kids noticed! I can see how Anna Maria was confused(lol) she must have thought a wiggle was an illnes..hee hee..Seems i started a bit of a commotion!
Mary
G'day Mary... yes,the little kids seems to love "The Wiggles
Over here they have Wiggles this and Wiggles that in the way of shirts, toys. and all sorts of things. Sesame Street was popular when my kids were younger. :-)
Summer starts on December 1st. but we've had one of the dryest Winters ever, and we are in drought mode now. Water restrictions already, and it's not even Summer. My daughter has heaps of photos of Canada, and it looks just so pretty there. She said that your lifestyle is very similar to ours, so she felt quite at home there...and the U.S.. She'd been in Europe for a couple of years, so there were some language differences while there.
Nice to chat with you. Have a good day there....