Cyst on R ovary but pain in L???
I just had an u/s on April 7th. As I mentioned in previous posts, it showed that I still have a dermoid (or so they think) on the R ovary that had grown a bit since the last u/s (8/05) and is now 10cm. The left ovary looked normal. For the past week I'm having mild pain in the left. Could the left ovary have grown a cyst or the other cyst attached to the left ovary just since that u/s on the 7th?????

What do you think?

Thanks,
Becky
There is also what is called referred pain.  That is having something on one side, hurt on the other.  Many of us have dealt with that too.  It makes dx difficult sometimes to say the least, but this is where the us really helps to show what is going on.
~Tascha
Hi, I had a large 25cm cyst on my left ovary and although I did not experience pain, I had a funny stich like feeling on my right hand side and did have slight uncomfortable twinges on my right.  Although I think this was because the cyst was so big that it was pushing on other organs on my right handside.
That is what I have been dealing with too!  My left side has always had the pain.  That is what brought me to the doctor to begin with.  They tell me I have multiple small cysts on my left ovary and a 5x5x4cm cyst on my right.  My doctor said that sometimes you have a higher amount of pain tolerance on one side of your body than the other. Still, how strange . . .