Ovarian Cancer Community
Cyst on right side, but left side hurts at times?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

For those that haven't read my posts before, I was just told that I have a 3cm complex cyst on my right ovary.  I often get twinges/pulling/sharp pain on my right side.  I have for over a year now. Makes sense, b/c that is where they found the cyst.

But now, this discomfort is happening on my left side.  Does this mean a cyst is coming to visit my "good" ovary? Does anybody have a cyst on one side, yet has pain on the other?  Strange, this body of mine.

I have to wait until mid March for my followup ultra sound and it is driving me batty :-(
i had a cyst on each ovary but only got real pain on the left side,with the odd twinge on the right. Ultrasound revealed the cyst on the right ovary was the larger of the 2.When i had my op the found bad adhesions on the left,hence the worse pain.There is also what they call referred pain,where by the pain is felt in different areas of the body away from the site of origin.I seem to remember seeing some comments on previous threads where ladies have felt pain on the opposit side to that of their cysts. Good luck in march and hope this has helped.Dawn
Avatar n tn
Thank you, dalip.  That makes sense.
Hi, I had a 4+ cyst on my right ovary and NEVER had pain on that side.  It was all on my left.  I nearly accused the Dr. of making a mistake!  LOL  I would get increasingly painful ovulations on the left, had left-sided back pain and those strange twinges on the left.  I did, however have a couple of smaller "normal" cysts on the left.  The kind we get when ovulating.  The pictures taken during surgery showed them to look quite different than the other.

Take care,
Lori
Hey there, Dawn!  re: that other site/post...have you gotten in for an appointment?

Hope all is well!
Lori

not yet but i am ringing hosp mon if i have not had app for mamo by then.Thanks for asking.Dawn
Oh, good!  Keep me posted.  I hope you get some answers.

L
Avatar n tn
hi- yes, i have a cyst, 5cm, on the right but my left side hurts sometimes. kind of a dull ache? feels like its near the hipbone? anyone figure this stuff out? i thought maybe related to my other ovary working "overtime" but has been doing this all month. how often does yours hurt? thanks for any feedback/ experiences you have!
Avatar n tn
I also have a cyst on my left side no pain there. Super pain om my right
doctor said cyst is getting smaller and bleeding. My stomach and right side of the lower back hurts. My Gyno thinks the pain is unrelated just an upset stomach from the fluid around the cyst. My abdomen is so swollen I can't wear jeans just yoga pants.
Avatar n tn
how  long the pain last ? mines normally comes in the evening when i eat and at night on my right side. my doctor say that i have blood in  my urine and protein.
A related discussion, hemorrhagic ovarian cyst was started.