Ovarian Cancer Community
Cyst resolved, when does the pain go away?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cyst resolved, when does the pain go away?

I had an ultrasound done last friday, but unfortunately couldn't get an appointment in with a doctor until the 27th since they are booked and then taking a week off :(. I was able to *see* my report with the nurse, but of course she can't answer any questions.

The report stated that my cyst had resolved and that I had fluid in my tube, which may be related to my menstrual cycle.
This is good news of course... I think I can pinpoint the period in which my cyst ruptured/resolved itself to monday last week since I had pain for a prolonged period of time and my period was delayed.

My question is... how long after a cyst is resolved do most people experience pain. The symptoms I had with the cyst haven't really gone away... I get sore from moving, sitting too long, and pretty much anything that involves the muscles in the abdomen. I get the pain mostly on my left side (while my cyst was on the right).

I'm just looking for some kind of feedback before the 27th, maybe even questions I can ask the doctor.

Thanks. Oh yeah, I'm 19 and my cyst was 1.5cm two months ago.
Related Discussions
7 Comments
Blank
congrats on your cyst has resolved. I still have mine, I think. Last check it was 5.8 cm. And I am 19 as well. There is hope and thanks for making it known to me.
Blank
117289_tn?1391716425
Great news.  Better to have them resolve on their own!  Take care and take it easy.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Blank
Funny...my problem is with my right ovary. I have only had left sided pain!  He said it could be indo or adheasions but I have had 5 kids including 2 c-sec. Now a day before my surgery and I am ovulating and my  dang left side of my whole body is hurting...but that stupid right side, not a twinge. I will be amazed if they don't find SOMETHING on the left!

Glad yours has gone away. Can't really be of help to you , just funny you have the opposite side pain , too. It could be that you are now ovulating from that side and it is unrelated to the cyst. I'm sure others will be more able to help you.   Cindi
Blank
I was diagnosed with a ruptured cyst 4 weeks ago.  Still felt pain/burning sensation a week later and ended up going to my regular Dr. (my Gyn said it would clear up in a few days).  My regular doctor said it can take 4-6 weeks for the fluid to be absorbed and discomfort go away.  Would have saved me two office calls (and $$) if my gyn would have taken the time to tell me.  Hope you feel better soon!
Blank
Yeah, I never quite got that, my doc mentioned that, too. And I've heard it alot with my other chronic health issues. I know some types/causes of pain are known to refer pain to certain areas but how on earth are they supposed to be able to dx a condition that presents with pain everywhere and it could come from anywhere???  That is why they call it "the practice" of medicine...they are often still practicing!!!  Cindi
Blank
117289_tn?1391716425
There is also something called "referred pain".  This is where there is a problem in one place but the pain is felt somewhere else.  Such fun!
~Tascha
Blank
LoLoBoBo: I didn't know there were other 19 year olds on this board... though I knew there is a 23 year old running around somewhere. Your cyst is quite a bit bigger than mine, but at our age doctors often assume that cysts will resolve on their own. Mine did just that right as my period was starting. I wish you luck :).

CindiSue: Yeah it is kind of aggrivating isn't it? I know the pain was from my cyst but most of the time it would be exclusive to the left. I was describing what I felt to the doctor and she just looked at me and said "isn't your cyst on the right side?" since I happened to be clutching my left while explaining! I had 'referred' pain when I still had my cyst and that's the side I would get cramps in from gym class too. I think my body just doesn't like the left!

bebebk: Really useful to know, thanks for sharing. I think some of the fluid has started to discharge now, I got a little case of wet panties this afternoon anyway :-p.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank