Ovarian Cancer Community
Cyst resolved, when does the pain go away?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I had an ultrasound done last friday, but unfortunately couldn't get an appointment in with a doctor until the 27th since they are booked and then taking a week off :(. I was able to *see* my report with the nurse, but of course she can't answer any questions.

The report stated that my cyst had resolved and that I had fluid in my tube, which may be related to my menstrual cycle.
This is good news of course... I think I can pinpoint the period in which my cyst ruptured/resolved itself to monday last week since I had pain for a prolonged period of time and my period was delayed.

My question is... how long after a cyst is resolved do most people experience pain. The symptoms I had with the cyst haven't really gone away... I get sore from moving, sitting too long, and pretty much anything that involves the muscles in the abdomen. I get the pain mostly on my left side (while my cyst was on the right).

I'm just looking for some kind of feedback before the 27th, maybe even questions I can ask the doctor.

Thanks. Oh yeah, I'm 19 and my cyst was 1.5cm two months ago.
congrats on your cyst has resolved. I still have mine, I think. Last check it was 5.8 cm. And I am 19 as well. There is hope and thanks for making it known to me.
Great news.  Better to have them resolve on their own!  Take care and take it easy.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Funny...my problem is with my right ovary. I have only had left sided pain!  He said it could be indo or adheasions but I have had 5 kids including 2 c-sec. Now a day before my surgery and I am ovulating and my  dang left side of my whole body is hurting...but that stupid right side, not a twinge. I will be amazed if they don't find SOMETHING on the left!

Glad yours has gone away. Can't really be of help to you , just funny you have the opposite side pain , too. It could be that you are now ovulating from that side and it is unrelated to the cyst. I'm sure others will be more able to help you.   Cindi
I was diagnosed with a ruptured cyst 4 weeks ago.  Still felt pain/burning sensation a week later and ended up going to my regular Dr. (my Gyn said it would clear up in a few days).  My regular doctor said it can take 4-6 weeks for the fluid to be absorbed and discomfort go away.  Would have saved me two office calls (and $$) if my gyn would have taken the time to tell me.  Hope you feel better soon!
Yeah, I never quite got that, my doc mentioned that, too. And I've heard it alot with my other chronic health issues. I know some types/causes of pain are known to refer pain to certain areas but how on earth are they supposed to be able to dx a condition that presents with pain everywhere and it could come from anywhere???  That is why they call it "the practice" of medicine...they are often still practicing!!!  Cindi
There is also something called "referred pain".  This is where there is a problem in one place but the pain is felt somewhere else.  Such fun!
~Tascha
LoLoBoBo: I didn't know there were other 19 year olds on this board... though I knew there is a 23 year old running around somewhere. Your cyst is quite a bit bigger than mine, but at our age doctors often assume that cysts will resolve on their own. Mine did just that right as my period was starting. I wish you luck :).

CindiSue: Yeah it is kind of aggrivating isn't it? I know the pain was from my cyst but most of the time it would be exclusive to the left. I was describing what I felt to the doctor and she just looked at me and said "isn't your cyst on the right side?" since I happened to be clutching my left while explaining! I had 'referred' pain when I still had my cyst and that's the side I would get cramps in from gym class too. I think my body just doesn't like the left!

bebebk: Really useful to know, thanks for sharing. I think some of the fluid has started to discharge now, I got a little case of wet panties this afternoon anyway :-p.