Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Cyst with Missed Period
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cyst with Missed Period

I am 22, and I have been having some period problems for the past few months. A week before my period I get a really sore abdomen. The pain is mostly sensitivity, not like cramps. I've always waken up with extreme nausea, with cold sweat and vomiting. I had a pregnancy test at the doctor's office, but it was negative. I had an ultrasound (regular and transvaginal) On November 2nd, and they found a 3.3cm cyst with septation on my left ovary. I normally have my period around the 5th of the month, but I am now two weeks late. I am not pregnant. Could the cyst be causing me to miss my period? Could it also be causing my other problems? I am not currently on the pill, although my husband and I have a backup method. Thanks for the help.  
Tags: cyst pain