Cystadenoma vs. cystadenocarcinoma
I recently had a CT scan done, and was told to see an OB/Gyn.  From the report of the CT scan, they mentioned of cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma.  My doctor said I may have to surgically remove a cyst that may be originating from my ovary.  Has anyone had this done before, and would it cause infertility?  Can a cyst be attached to the ovary and uterus at the same time where both ovary and uterus need to be removed?
Well, I am not sure of the difference in the terms.  It is late and I am sure if I thought really hard...Nope!  Anyway, I have had cysts and tumors removed.  The first cyts I had removed were really large and I had one ovary removed with the cyst.  After the surgery I had a little boy and then a little girl.  My second surgery was a little different and I ended up having a total hysterectomy because they found I had ovca.  There are just so many possibilities that only a specialist can really answer your questions.  Some cysts (simple cysts) dissappear on their own.  Some require laproscopic surgery to just remove the cyst.  Sometimes they also remove an ovary.  The best thing that you can do is to see a gyn/onc.  They will answer all of your questions.  And don't leave the office until they do.  Make a list before you go.  And you can see this doctor even if you do not have cancer.  They are the best and talking to a gyn/onc will make you feel much better.  Remember there is a less than 1% chance that this is cancer, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.  Good Luck!
Thanks Lactac for your response.  I just got back from the ob/gyn and was told the cyst I have is very large too and it may not be possible to save one of my ovaries.  I'm glad to hear that you can still have a baby afterward.  I just got married 1 and 1/2 month ago, and not have any child yet.  My husband and I both love children alot.  Your response, Lactac, help calm me down.  Thanks.  How is surgery done?  My dr. said the cyst is too big to do laposcopy and she has do a vertical surgery, rather than horizontal below my belly button because my cyst is too big.  Is this right?  And it takes 6 weeks to recover from the surgery?