Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Cysts and HCG levels
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Cysts and HCG levels
Thanks again for your time. Since I first asked about cysts nothing has really changed except I have been getting severe pain around the pelvic area but I cannot get a quicker scan than the 4th Sept. The pain has slowly getting worse from the time I had the first app and intercourse has become painful. I also went bk to the GP who took another urine and said I wasnt pregnant but when I took one this morning early sample it showed positive light but there I asked hubby he saw it too. My periods have been late, light and short. Ive read that cysts can produce HCG is this true? Under any other curcumstance I would just assume I was pregnant but I dont know what else to do Im so worried this is turning into something serious but the drs arent taking me seriously, I was told I cant be fast tracked unless seen as pregnant and bleeding or suspected cancer. Im 23, had regular periods even whilst on BC which I stopped March this year as I thought I was pregnant I had all the symptoms. I still have low energy and feel pregnant. My stomach is larger than when I last wrote. Bowel movements regular diet good Im trying to exercise bt often dont have the energy. I have 2 children 3 pregnancies (first stillborn 34 weeks gestation, spotting with the last at same time could be related) I cant think what other info to give, ur answer will be a great help thanks in advance
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi Red Rose,
sorry for my delay. I am in Europe and not getting to internet access every day.
Home urine pregnancy tests are not necessarily accurate. A bladder infection, blood in the urine, certain medications, other hormone conditions/ imbalances may affect the pregnancy test. If there is a question, a blood pregnancy test will be the final judge.

It sounds like you are scared and not feeling well. Is there a way that someone such as a nurse can see you sooner to be sure you are ok?
take care
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thanks for your answer. Your right I am getting scared, and the pains are not going away I havent had anything like this before and I can definately feel a growth. Ive tried but I keep getting blown off so I guess its just a matter of sitting it out and waiting. Thanks again
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Ovulation Tracker