DOES A OVARIAN TUMOR MEAN CANCER?
COULD YOU HELP ME I FOUND OUT I HAVE A OVARIAN TUMOR YEARS AGO,NOW THEY SAY MY SPLEEN ENLARGED,MY MOM DIED OF OVARIAN CANCER,I GOT SCARED AND DID NOT GO BACK TO DOCTOR THEY ALSO TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT SEE MY RIGHT OVARY ONLY THE  LEFT OVARY WITH TUMOR DOES A TUMOR MEAN CANCER?I AM TERRIFIED I AM IN PAIN,PRESSURE FEELING AND BLOATED,MY BACK ACHES,IS IT TOO LATE NOW AFTER RUNNING ALL THESE YEARS WITH A TUMOR?
Not all ovarian masses are cancer. Given your family history, I would ask the GYN for a referral to a GYN/Oncologist....and not because I think that you have cancer, it is becaue they are the experts in all gynocological issues.....they have 3 years additional training.  

I don't blame you for being nervous....especially when you have watched someone suffer with OvCa....but, even when genetics play a part, it only increases the risk by about 10 percent and OvCa is considered a rare disease.  So let's hope for a positive outcome.

What are the doctors suggesting?