Ovarian Cancer Community
Deandra's Memory Quilt - part 2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Deandra's Memory Quilt - part 2

I tried to post on the old thread and it would not allow it, so.......

Deandra's (Brownie)  mom called me yesterday to tell me about the upcoming dedication of the memory quilt at the hospital.  She is very excited about it and will email me pictures.  I will try to post some pics on here some how.  

She still wants to contact all of the people who contributed to the quilt.  If you want to give me your info, I will pass it on to her.  She wanted the story behind the quilt, so I filled her in :-)

Hope everyone is well and thanks again for all your support over the years!!

Heidi
Heidi, thanks again for doing this.   And how exciting about the upcoming dedication.  I often think of some of our "old" friends.....Deandra, Becky, Jan, Chris....there are so many!!!!

Pam

Please keep us updated, too.  This memory quilt holds a very special place in our hearts. A MedHelp square is dedicated to Brownie .

Best,

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr
I often think of Deandra and Becky and think about Ty and wonder how he's doing.  Does any keep in touch with any of Becky's family?  I sent you a bunch of material for both quilts, I assume they both got on the quilt (I remember sending you sea turtles for Deandra and can't remember what else was sent along-but sent stuff for both yound ladies quilts).  I would love to see pictures and if Deandra's mom would like to get in contact with me separately that is no problem, let me know if/how you want me to send you my email address.

Jane
Is you email still at allstate?  If so, can i give it to her mom?

Heidi
How can her mom contact you?  She would like to send her thanks......

Heidi
There are a few people that are in touch with Ashley, Becky's sister and quite often a family member will post a photo of Ty on Facebook.  He seems to be doing well, getting big....smiles a lot....we all know that Becky is looking down on him!!!!
Pam
I saw the quilt photo posted on Facebook and saw a patch with sea turtles and fish put together in a 4 patch. Really cute. I'm so happy the family found some joy and comfort from the quilt. It's wonderful to know your daughter has touched so many lives.

I'm fine with being in touch with her mom. Just not sure what you need in terms of info.
Heidi, yes absolutely that is no problem, my email is the same.  It really was just people coming together, so many of us strangers in a sense, but really friends, a community brought together by this horrible disease.  I don't do facebook, but would love to see a picture of the dedication for Deandra.  I sent you all alot of fabric for both Becky and Deandra's quilts, but you did the grunt work.  If I could of done more I would of :)

I am glad to hear that Ty is doing well.  I know Becky looks down on him and all of us. We have so many Angels above whom shine down on us.

Jane
I was able to visit with her on Facebook and we had a wonderful chat. Shared a bit about ourselves and she's so excited about the quilt and the dedication. A very nice woman.
I know she loved her daughter so much, and I know she misses her so much.  And I love that they keep her memory alive.  Well I am anxious to see the resting place of this lovely memorial quilt.  And if anyone speaks to Ashley, tell her I said HI.  I talked to her sometime back, not sure if she would remember me or not.  Like I had said before, there is a group of ladies from when I first started on this site back in 2006 that have a special place in my heart, you all do, but I think you all know what I mean :)  I think about about ya and miss the ladies we have lost.

Jane
Heidi, I'm coming in on this conversation a bit late but if you still have my contact info, feel free to pass it along if it isn't too late. I'm so happy they are doing an actual dedication at the hospital. I know Deandra's family is proud, even if the event will be somewhat bittersweet. Isn't it amazing how this forum touches so many and brings us together. I consider it a benefit of a disease that is so ugly.

Gail
I emailed all the contact info I had to Norma, Deandra's mom.  Thanks again for all the help.  

Heidi