Delayed menstruation for 10 months
Im 26 yrs. old and 3yrs married. I have a pcos or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Im a very nervous person and anxiety.  Last year I've been taking provera because of my amennorhea also duphaston and clomid but then  i stop taking provera and other medicine  because of the bad side effect to me i cannot tolerate the pain. Since then i never been had a menses since last August 2002.  Im scared for not having a menstruation for 10 months my oby-gyne told me that if I dont have a menses every month it will risk for me to have a endometrial cancer. Is it true? What can I do? Taking again provera every month? Does provera had a good effect or its safe in my health or to avoid becoming indometrial cancer for long time by using it? Please help me, I dont know what to do now.

Thank you in advance and more power to medhelp.
Since I was 11 yrs old, I have been having problems with my period. When it first began, I would have my period every other month. Then it would be every two months, sometimes three... sometimes even 6 months, and people would say..."When you turn 17 that'll go away and you'll have your period every month." I am 23 now and all its done is get worse. My mother and sisters never had this problem. I don't even think anyone else in my extended family has this problem. In 1999 or 2000 I went 8 months without my period... no, I wasn't pregnant... I haven't had relations in 6 yrs... but during those 8 months, I did spot... and some pale looking blood clots would come out, but no actual blood. Then in the 9th month I had my period for about a month. Then it went away again for 2 months. It was the same as always again. Then in Sept of 2002, was the last time I had my period and now it's July 4th 2003... Where did my period go?? Ten months without my period and I ain't even pregnant... what's going on? What is wrong with me? I don't have insurance to see a gyn, and I am scared to find out some bad news... so can someone give me an answer as to what is going on with my body? In 1998, I saw a gyn for the first time and she prescribed me some birth control pills called Orthotrycylin. That didn't work... all it did was make me fatter, so I quit that. Haven't seen another gyn since. So I don't know what's going on inside of me. Most women I know say that I am lucky to not have my period cause I don't have to suffer like they do, but I don't feel like a woman if I don't have my period... and I don't want to have problems with my reproductive system. I want to eventually have kids... and this worries me. I especially don't want to develop cancer. Can someone out there please give me some wisdom or words of advise?