Dermoid Cyst Removal???
A pelvic/abdominal CT scan showed a "left adnexal mass" (with no size given on the report). It states "it may be merely a cyst." "The right ovary shows a mass 4.7 cm x 4.1 cm, which contains calcifications and fat. Possible right dermoid should be considered."

Not sure what should be done about the left adnexal mass, if there is anything to do since the radiologist thinks it is just a cyst. But with the "possible" right dermoid, would that need to be removed? I am 42 and have had bloating for about six to eight months. My abdomen used to go down somehwat in the morning, but for the past two weeks it remains bloated all the time. I also have "severe microcytic anemia."

I have an appointment with a new OB/GYN next week. Any advice is appreciated just so I know more or less what to expect especially about the dermoid. Thanks, all.
Your post reads to me like  you already know what is likely happen - you will have surgery to remove the dermoid cyst.  Dermoid cysts are not a type of cyst that normally resolve on their own.  The other cyst is probably  just what the radiologist suspects : a normal cyst.  Since you have a dermoid (or at least a possible dermoid) on the other ovary, your  normal, optimum hormone production will be  off.    Hormonal disruption can cause, and be caused by, cysts on the ovary.  

When I had surgery to remove a large endometrioma in 2004, my surgeon started the surgery by first inspecting the entire reproductive system when she got the surgical tools in place.    Anything that looked abnormal would have been removed as a precaution.   Expect your doctor to do the same; in fact, ask for it.  And remember that  it is likely that if the mass on your 'non-dermoidal' ovary is a normal cyst, then it will have resolved by the time of your surgery
The dermoid does need to be removed as it will not resolve on it's own.  Dermoids are strange things, to say the least.  I had 2 softball sized dermoids removed along with my left ovary and 90% of my right one on 12/21/05.  My dermoids had hair, teeth, fat, skin, cartlidge, bone and a salivary gland...ARGGGG.
~Tascha
I have a golfball size dermoid cyst on my right ovary. I have an opointment to discuss surgery with an ob. I have gained weight and have been extremely bloated for months. My cyst isn't that big, but could these problems be related? What other questions should I be sure to ask my doctor, and what is the post-op recovery like??? Thanks for listening.
Jen
oct. 2005 when i knew that i have cyst on my right ovary... this january i go to another doctor and she said i have a cyst and she consider it as dermoid cyst that measure 3.4 x 2.6 x 2.1cm, but she said thats nothing and i just have to undergo ultrasound yearly!! i'm scared when i read about dermoid cyst hir in the net coz that doctor didn't told me bout my cyst except it has teeth and hair... i am 19 year old... i just want 2 know if how much is it cost for  a ovarian dermoid cyst surgery..
A related discussion, How does an ovarian dermoid affect hormones? was started.