Ovarian Cancer Community
Did anyone have this side effect from chemo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Please comment - any info will help!!!  I've OVCA and have completed 4 cycles of chemo from a total of six.  After the fourth chemo cycle, I started involuntarily clenching my teeth, my tongue started to tingle and move, there was upward/downward movement of throat area, a pulling sensation from tummy and arms combined with a sensation at the back of my head.  This affects me continually during sleep, walking and resting.  I would almost describe it as a mild version of a seizure.  Drugs used are taxol and carboplatin.  Any advice will be most appreciated.
beachgal, I haven't experienced anything quite like what you are experiencing but I did have frequent involuntary twitches of my extremities after finishing the 6 rounds of carbo/taxol/taxatere.  It really bugged me when this happened so I brought it up to my oncologist and the only thing he said was that these things sometimes happen.  Sheesh, that wasn't much of an answer now, was it?!  He didn't seemed concerned so I tried not to be either.  They eventually went away.

Have you brought this up to your medical team?
Hi, my wife has had 6-cycles of carbo and taxol (for OVCA treatment) and during that time she used to complain of tingling sensation, numbness and involuntary twitching.  Usually these things go away after the treatment ends and you should feel quite normal again.  Nevertheless, it is better to keep your doctors informed for their evaluation and opinion.
Twitching in extremeties or involuntary twitching seems to have some similarity with what I'm experiencing especially when my breath becomes irratic which then synchronizes the other involuntary movements.  My Gyn Onc knows about this and thinks it could be from taxol.  As I get ready for chemo #5 for next week I've noticed the intensity of this menacing side effect is a little less than when it started....