Difference between a polyp and fibroid
What is the difference between the two and which is more dangerous?
In very basic, non-medical terms, a polyp is generally a clump of  surface cells,  causing a "wart-like" growth that sticks out from the otherwise smooth surface.  Often the polyp is  attached only by a rather slender thread of tissue.   Other polyps grow very close to the surface and merely rise up as a lump on the surface.  

A fibroid is a type of muscle tumor.   If large enough, then it can be seen as a lump in the surrounding tissue.

Both can have similar appearances on ultrasounds, especially when the polyp is the type that merely sticks out like a lump.

Neither can be classified as more or less dangerous.  Statistically speaking, each are most often found to be benign.   However, the doctor must usually perform surgery to definitely determine which structure is seen  on the imaging.  Also, if it is indeed a polyp, and the patient does not have a history of benign polyps, then surgery and biopsy are the safest course of action.
Thanks for your reply.  My GYN removed what she thought was a polyp and then by the size and how hard it was thought it was a fibroid.  She did this in her office and it was extremely painful then and afterward.  Do you think that is normal to do without numming of any sort?
No, I think that most unusual.  Is your doctor a sadist?