Ovarian Cancer Community
Difficult swallowing/choking
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Difficult swallowing/choking

Any one have this sensation while on chemo?  We do have a history of choking in the family, but Leslee says this is something new for her.  Did find one small reference to tightning of the throat under Doxil, very rare???   I am aware of it, so I take care of my chewing and swallowing  always.  Have had several close calls in my life, 911 and the whole thing.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
158061_tn?1202681926
The tightning they refer to, occurs during infusion and last up to a day after and then is supposed to resolve.  Does she have mouth sores to go along with her hand and foot syndrome?  They might affect sensation in the throat.  Of course just having cancer, a recurrance, hand and foot sores what normal person wouldn't have a tightning of the throat.  If I had the feeling I might try using one of my xanax's to see if it worked, at least I would sleep   My heart goes out to Leslie, I have only had anemia and a skin rash 5 days after treatment from the doxil.  Sorry Star
Blank
I had a terrible case of heartburn awhile ago. Thought I was having a heart attack, or an allergic reaction to chemo, it was scarry. What happens with chemo is it really messes with the intestines so then gas backs up toward the chest. It messes with the whole digestive system. I am glad you take care of your chewing. I must always do that also. I have always had a habit of eating too fast. And maybe chewing gum would help Leslie.  I also find that a mint helps.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank