Does anyone have diabetes and oc
Along with Chemo I was diagnosised with Diabetes.  I have felt bad since chemo, but now i am 3 days out and really felling really tired and my glucose is way out of control.
Hi.
I am diabetic-have been for 26 years.Had OC for a year.Just starting my second lot of chemotherapy.It's the steroids we're given that send your diabetes out of control.I'm given a 5 day course of steroids to take the day after my chemo (I've just started caelyx)and my blood sugars usually treble.I usually take four insulin injections a day,but find for those five days I need six or seven injections a day.Once  the steroids are finished my blood sugars come back down to 'normal'.I continually check my blood sugars because I'm never sure whether the chemo or high sugars are what is making me feel sick.I kept a diary when I first started on chemo (Carboplatin/Taxol) and found it helped me figure out what to take and when for each cycle of chemo I had,so I'm doing the same now with this chemo routine.Hope this helps.Sue.