Ovarian Cancer Community
Does anyone have diabetes and oc
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does anyone have diabetes and oc

Along with Chemo I was diagnosised with Diabetes.  I have felt bad since chemo, but now i am 3 days out and really felling really tired and my glucose is way out of control.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi.
I am diabetic-have been for 26 years.Had OC for a year.Just starting my second lot of chemotherapy.It's the steroids we're given that send your diabetes out of control.I'm given a 5 day course of steroids to take the day after my chemo (I've just started caelyx)and my blood sugars usually treble.I usually take four insulin injections a day,but find for those five days I need six or seven injections a day.Once  the steroids are finished my blood sugars come back down to 'normal'.I continually check my blood sugars because I'm never sure whether the chemo or high sugars are what is making me feel sick.I kept a diary when I first started on chemo (Carboplatin/Taxol) and found it helped me figure out what to take and when for each cycle of chemo I had,so I'm doing the same now with this chemo routine.Hope this helps.Sue.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank