Donating dyed hair
Hello all!  I lost my grandmother almost a year ago to ovarian cancer, and I have had several others close to me to be diagnosed with various forms of cancer.  My question is, do any organizations accept dyed hair for a wig?  My hair is pretty long but I've been coloring it for years.  I read on several websites that dyed hair is not acceptable, but surely there is one place that can take it, right?  Also, my hair is layered and I'm not sure if the shortest layer is at least 10 inches or not, but it has to be close.  I would really like to donate my hair to somebody that really needs it.  Thanks for any help!!

Mary  
From what I've seen, most organizations will accept dyed hair, but not bleached hair.  Your hair should also be in good shape, and not chemically damaged from the hair color.  If you can find a salon in your area that cuts hair for Locks of Love, most will do it for free.  You might make an appointment and let the stylist tell you if your hair is in good enough shape.  

Your donation is such a kind gesture!  I'm sure your grandmother would so proud!  Best wishes to you.  I hope you are able to donate!

Gail
Look!  Dyed hair is ok: http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html