Ovarian Cancer Community
Donna's Funeral

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Donna's Funeral

I am sorry I haven't posted this.  I have been very sick since we got back last night and woke this morning feeling like I needed to go to the ER. Still do.
Anyway, this is the link to Donna's memorial online.  It has pictures & the video they had playing at the funeral home.
I will be doing a journal about Donna's funeral soon, but I can't do it feeling like this.

http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2686608  

That is Donna's main page but on the right there is a "Video" option.

Sorry I can't do more right now.
Jan
Jan...get yourself into the ER...if you feel this bad, what on earth are you waiting for? Geez...you sound like me...stubborn as h*ll....
I'm so sorry your feeling so bad right now...I can only imagine how exhausted you must be emotionally, then to add this on top of it all.
Feel better soon...and thanks for thinking of all of us.
Love Becky
Jan, please get the help you need.  We are so worried about you.  Thank you for this link.  You certainly learn a lot about a person seeing this pictures.  I would have bet that Donna put this together herself.  So beautiful!
Whew boy...that was hard to watch.  What a nice tribute to Donna, though.  Thank you for providing the link, Jan.

Please go to the ER if you need to.  I am worried about you.
Love
Jan,

What a beautiful tribute. That video was amazing. And, the music was beautiful.

I join others... only I will put it this way;  We will be so eager to hear from you later...... AFTER YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and get to the ER if you need to. OK? ok.

Love, Mar
Jan,
    Thank you so much for sharing that with us.  It was so hard to watch the video, but I am glad that they had such a beautiful memorial for her.  She was such a beautiful woman, inside and out.  I feel so blessed having known her, even for the short time I did.  

Jan, you need to get youself to the ER tonight.  Please do not let yourself get too bad before deciding to go.  Please let us know how you are doing.  Love, Kasie
Jan,
    I just got back from NC and haven't yet looked at the video because right now I'm more concerned about you ... Please get the help you need. Everything else will be right here when you are feeling better. You have simply got to take care of yourself.. Could you just once try "looking out for number one" ?? Yourself!!
    Get to that ER and then let us know.. and rest..

Love,
Sandy
Jan,
Thank you for posting the link for the moving tribute to Donna. I hope you will take care of yourself and get some much needed rest now, the rest of it can wait until you feel up to it.
Hugs,
Valerie
The memorial was beautiful.  I join the others in saying take care of yourself and when you have been checked out and are well rested, then come back to us.  We will still be around.  Love, Marie
Trudie, you are right.  Donna did pick out everything.  We all went through her pictures 50 times trying to convince her to include or exclude certain pictures.  Brenda said that the only picture she has of her and Donna is the one I took when we were there so I am going to send that to her.  I am so glad now I took it.  Didn't realize it was the only one at the time.  

Even at the end when Donna was to sick to read or respond, she had Brenda read her notes and emails to her.  She thought about all of us right up until the last minutes of her life.  

Sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone.  Was stunned how sick I was and have been all day.  Was just getting over Oct's chemo.  I am very greatful that for whatever reason I was allowed two days of feeling good and was able to interact with Donna's friends and family.  Some things that happened have overwhelmed me, but in a good way. Still brain dead but..I will write that journal.  It was an amazing experience to be there.

Jan,
    I just watched that touching memorial .. Just lovely and thank you for sharing it with us. You were truly a wonderful friend to Donna . You try to rest awhile.....

Love,
Sandy
I am such a dunce when it comes to the PC, I cannot bring up the site you gave the address to.  I really would like to see it.  Marty  
Marty, you can go to www.mem.com and than just type in her name on the left hand side.  Her last name was Marshall and her first name; Donna.  It will bring up about 3, but her picture is beside hers so it is easy to spot.  That will bring up Donna's obituary and on the right hand side of that page is a link to click on for pictures, video, online guest book, etc.  If you need anymore help let me know.
Thanks Jan.  Hope you are feeling better.  I am still working my way through all this.  Donna and  Leslee were born so close together and died so close also,  I feel a connection there some how. One helping the other.
You are always so wonderful to everyone...now please be wonderful to yourself and go get checked if you are feeling so ill..I am also worried about you and think about you often....I wish I could do anything for you...I will be sending postive prayers and thoughts your way...Love, Gia
Jan,
Thank you so much for letting us know how to see this. Donna was such a beautiful person inside and out and it shows.  You need to take care of yourself. Go to the ER and get well. Praying for you to feel better soon, love, Colleen
Please do not let your health go.  Do what you must even if that means an emergency room visit.. Thanks you for posting and we will talk soon.. Love Ronni
I was so sorry to hear about Donna.  I know each of you held her as a dear friend and will miss her.  I will pray that each one of you find strength during this time.

I just put a call into Jan.  God forbid she tell her little sister when she's feeling this bad. Hopefully Jan or Cory will call me back.  I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Lisa
Thanks a million!
I'm fine Flick.  Thanks for worrying. I love you.
I'm okay everyone.  I was just worn out I think.
I am going to do Donna's journal today.
As you can see Jan is fine.  I just got off the phone with her.  She must have been e-mailing as we were talking.  She's just worn out and trying to prepare for her next chemo on Thursday.  Please keep praying for her.
Jan ... it's time you start to focus on yourself and get the rest you need.  I thank you so very much for all your efforts on Donna's behalf ... I certainly appreciated it.  Judy
Thanks Jan, I'm going to check it out right now.
I love you honey - I am praying for you. Feel better - D
Dear Jan,

Thank you for sharing the beautiful tribute on Donna.  Now, as others have said, please concentrate on yourself.  This is what is important now.

My best, Angie