Ovarian Cancer Community
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding

I had an ultrasound done on my pelvic. because I had lots of bleeding and clots.And I have gone through menapause already,have had no period for 5 yrs.Today I had a Pap smeer done and I started bleeding alot when it was being performed.The doctor had to put some pressure inside to stop it which it did.She said that was not normal to bleed like that during a pap.She also told me that my ultrasound came back saying I have a prominent thickened endometrium measuring 2.08cm.And that there is no evidence of fluid.My right ovary measures 1.81x 1.36x1.49cm And my left ovary measures 2.15x1.49x1.63cmMy doctor also told me that I have to have a biopsy done and probably a DNC.Im worried about having a biopsy because if there is cancer will it spread once they have gone inside to take a piece out for testing?And why did I bleed during my pap?
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions. Bleeding during PAP can be due to cervical infection or poly or cancer. It can also be due to thickened endometrium, endometriosis, uterine polyps, fibroids or even due to infection. Yes, cancer is also a possibility. However, for correct diagnosis you need a biopsy. Gynecological cancers usually do not spread with this procedure. Please discuss this in detail with your treating doctor. Take care!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank