Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
EXTREME pain in ovaries! please help!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

EXTREME pain in ovaries! please help!!!

My name is Katrina and I'm 26 years old. throughout my entire life, I've never had problems with my periods. They were always heavy but always on time with no pain whatsoever. For the past 8 months I've been experiencing cramps in my ovaries usually in the first or second day of my period. I always thought it was normal since they were very light however, in the last 2 months the pain started to increase.

Yesterday, I got my period and I was surprised how good I felt and how light it was. I even went for a swim for a good hour and it felt quite normal. Today I woke up and started doing some laundry when I felt a little cramp in my ovaries. I continued doing what I was doing, but suddenly the pain just swept me off my feet. It felt like my ovaries were twisting, like something was tearing me apart from the inside. I crawled onto my bed and curled up. I stayed in that position for more than 30min. When I got up again, it got even worse. I started crying and screaming. I called my father to come and take me to hospital. I honestly thought I was going to die.

My dad was far away so he showed up after 2 hours. At this point the pain wasn't as bad. My family suggested to go to my family doctor tomorrow instead of going to Emergency however, my doctor is away so I won't be able to see him till next week.

I am so scared, I don't know what happened to me. The pain is still there, I have trouble walking. There's cancer history in my immediate family but my step mom says it looks like I have a cyst. What does it sound like? Should I be really concerned? Please help.

Thank you for your time