Ovarian Cancer Community
Emotional Pain As Well As Physical Pain Anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am thankful for this forum, it is so helpful. I've written not long ago about having Septated Complex Cysts on both right and left ovaries. They started out as follical and changed quick. I cannot believe that they can cause such pain, it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I've had shooting pain down my thigh, lower back pain and so on and so on.

My question is, does anyone here suffer with emotional pain as well as physical? Seems I've really been getting hit with such depression lately I don't want to do anything! I also suffer from Bipolar and Thyroid Disease which all are hormonal with the cysts to boot! I don't even want to celebrate the holidays. I'm going to call my gyno today and ask about the emotional part which I'm sure goes with it all, and I have to much hormonal garbage on top of it. Sometimes I feel like my heads spinning.

I also never thought to write this as a new patient in my paperwork when I went to my gyno the first time! I was 21 and had Pre-Cancerous cells in my  cervix and had them surgically removed, the doctor said about the size of a gulf ball was cut out. He said it could come back, but I did have a partial hysto and just have both ovaries.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask about the emotional part of these cysts. I hate waitiing games. I will tell the doctor also the pain has gotten worse, I don't think I can wait until April for my next U/S.

Thanks For Your Input,
Cher
Emotions have alot to do with how your body feels, believe me i am one who knows..I have two solid tumors ,one on each ovary and i am havin them removed along with the ovaries in january unless they get a cancelation but i am depressed all the time.i had my uterus and cervix removed 4.5 years ago and i thought great.but now my whole body seems to hurt all the time , they have me on meds for nausia, blood pressure,pain pill two different kinds,sleeping pills,you name it i got it .but i think that stress makes the pain worse..So i think the only thing that keeps me hangin in there is prayer..So god bless ya and hope that ya feel better.....
This forum is a form of therapy for me. Its not that my husband would not listen,  he listens too well and it puts added pressure on him(though he would never admit it).  My mother is also a medical professional and knows too much about the subject.  She has too much on her as it is(my grandmother passed away last Monday and my sister has been in the hospital since Sunday following a very bad car accident.) Its hard to deal with things if you don't have an answer and this site has lots of wonderful people that are eager to listen and give their best advice.  You ladies have made the last month much easier to bear.  There I am off my soap box.  I do appreciate all that comment to my posts.
Thanks!