Ovarian Cancer Community
Endometriosis and growth after childbearing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Does endo grow more rapid after child birth?
...they used to say years back that it could cure endo or make it better, kind of encouraged the tissue to exit...but I don't think they say that as much any more, as it didn't seem to help some women... I had a friend who had it and she took a while to conceive, so you are lucky with your little Grace  :)
How's things in Eastern Canada?  Alberta is nice this week.... terrible flooding in Manitoba and Sask eh?
Katie
Yeah that sucks. Cant imagine that happening in Ontario.  My pain has gotten worse since my daugther.. I havent fully recovered since having her 3 yrs ago.  I never got the breast tenderness back until she was almost three, not like i miss that or nothing, but even that i get it once every like 3 months.  I am in severe pain.  everytime i eat my bowel are on fire.  I cant explain it.  Periods, man even advil doesnt work anymore and that was my lifesaver..im so confused
I sure think it could be endo or something in the bowels if you have that much pain....you poor kid....hey have you ever tried cutting out dairy products?
I am not sure what my prolem exactly is, but I had child #3 in May and have been having right side pain (started right flank and has progressed to include front right side into right leg and hip) since December - and absolutely terrible bowels and I never had problems like this before.  I am taking Levsin for my GI symptoms - had some blurred vision this morning after taking it which freaked me out and I haven't taken anymore today - boy can I tell the difference on my digestive system! Everything is really bad with my periods too - pain relievers I've been using don't seem to help.  I never had these problems until I stopped nursing the baby and just prior to resuming periods.
to be honest i dont eat alot of dairy, plus i quit smoking 7 months ago to see if that was it, but it wasnt.  Did a colon cleanse and that is when the pain started.  It was awful and that is when they found the cyst.  I did liver and kidney cleanses and went on the zone diet to level insulin levels and nothing i felt the same.  So that is why i think its in the colon.  My mother has colitis, he father had colon cancer and her nephew has chrones. So i am a little nervous.
Hi Crazy,

I forgot to mention that you could also request a Colonoscopy. This is a good way to look at the inside of the bowels. Its not painful, and you are put to sleep and back on track the next day. I had one last year. You would need to go to a Gastro Doctor or Colorectal Surgeon. I used to have Colon cleansings, apparently they make the bowel lazy.

Kate xxx
It's Angela, right? Do you know, in Calgary (Canada) it is averaging THREE years for a colonscopy?  That stat was in the Calgary Herald this weekend.  My husband had cancer last year and his doctor recommended it so his wait wasn't that long....and I was badly anemic so I got in quite fast too. Plus we were on a cancellation list and we both ended up being done a few days before and after Christmas!  Evidentally some people chicken out and cancel...it was NOTHING, I had a great sleep  :)  Not eating solids for two days before was a bit challenging but we drank a lot of clear soup broth.
You might have trouble getting one also because you are so young (boy I hate that, the way they blow off)... but maybe you could really jump up and down ...
I had one when i was 15 and they just told me I had IBS that is why i think that even if i have one they are going to say the same,  I think that endo should be ruled out and if not that, than lock me up in the institution with the white jackets because this is it.  lollll

No seriously though. I did the cleanse because there was some blockage and it helped clear it and get rid of the nausea. I was hospitalized twice last year with cluster miagraines.  I know its because of my bowels.  I cant clear them.  Sounds graphic but ihad to do it. It helped but it hurt at the same time. My sister has done the same cleanse with no problems, same with many others. Not sure if you have heard of colonix by dr nutra but that is what i did.  So i could only do one month and every day was like i was giving birth it was that painful.  

I was told at 15 I had endo but never did anything, I was told at 16 that I was depressed at put on meds. I wasnt depressed. At 19 I was so sick that i had to stop working and was told i had firbomyalgia. At 21 I was told I had Chronic fatigue, than i was told i didnt have FMS, that I had thoracic outlet syndrome, notThan i was told I had restless leg syndrome,  I think I was told i had all the syndromes but who can count lolol.. I have read that people done sometimes get diagnosed with endo until like 10 yrs later I am on year 13 so i think I am about due what do you think????  I need to know for sure. I was an athlete until this happened.  I am so mad because no one knows what is wrong with me.  Who wants to come in my world and scream????????  I am here all day if you want to join :)
I get headaches when constipated and over the years when I had my period I often had upset bowels at the same time.  I've had friends tell me they had that too.
My gastro dr told me I could safely drink Metamucil every day, I find it really helps. Lots of fruit juice and Raisin Bran too!
I drink this fibre drink as well.  I do the cabbage soup diet just for the chance to get some out. I never feel like i get it all out.  I know this is sick but seriously. The pain is ridiculous.  Oh well, i guess i wait and see what the other gyno says.  Did you sign up for the bulge battalion website?
...you feel like you get it all out when you do the cleanse for the colonscopy!!!
Yeah I think I did!  I am never sure what the heck I am doing on MSN!  I registered on that Classmates a while back (too cheap to join) and darned if THREE old boyfriends didn't email me...GAAACK....had a bit of 'splaning to do!
I love that lol..... Damn classmates huh????

Let me tell you what the worst part has been about all of this ****. Its the wait.  Oh my goodness.  I know that I am happy because if i went with the first whacko i would be in surgery soon for a 10.2cm cyst that doesnt exist. Now a wait for a third doctor to start all over again :(   rrrrrrrr!!!!!!

One day the sun will shine over here and I will be healed i can tell you that lol...     :)

If they can't find what is wrong with your bowels etc then demand a laproscopy. They can only suggest not diagnose that it could be Endo without having exploratory surgery. I understand what you are going through. I have been having a battle with the Doctors sometime. Even after my first lap at 22 and having Endo removed from all over the place the gyno told me that I was perfectly fertile and didn't have Endo yet every other Gyno I have seen said it was Endo that was removed. It took me 15 years after I had another lap last year to get a diagnosis of Endo.

I don't think that alot of Doctors are that aware of Endo.

Its frustrating.

Hi Canadian Katie I hope you are well.
OH! I just saw your picture, it is beautiful!  Your baby is SOOO adorable! Well I guess she's bigger now! I have no idea how I found it but hey too cool!
So I now I have to figure out how to get one of me on there, and my dogs of course!  (my kids would freak if I did them)
Now, is that site like you know, open to anyone passing by, or it is private?  It says I should change my email but I don't have another one!!
WOW we can post pictures of our scars and incisions on there and everything! lol
Hi! I am very well thank you Kate!  and I agree with what you told Angela...
Cya
Isn't it the middle of the night in Canada?

Kate xxx
Hey,

I can't seem to get on to the Bulge Battling Batallion site. Can you please post me the address?

Kate

I got on. Sorry for being a Stalker.

Kate
Its's 11:15 pm here in Alberta....yawn.....
I'm just sticking this bit of info on that that I know about, loads of women experience including me, a classic endo pain that seems to point towards endo being in the POD (pouch of douglas)/cul de sac (depending where in the world you live) and the pain feels like a knife up the bum, sorry I know that sounds a bit graphic but that's the only way it can be described. Also IBS symptoms mimic endo and not necessarily around the period time either.