Ovarian Cancer Community
Enlarged Uterus and Ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Enlarged Uterus and Ovary

I have been told by my Doctor that I have a enlarged ovary and a enlarged uterus. He said the normal size for a uterus is about the size of a lemon and mine is about the size of a baseball and that my ovary is enlarged and that it was odd shaped because it is flat on one end when it should be oval shaped like a egg. I have to go to the hospital tommorrow and get a ultrasound. I am wondering if this is something I should be real concerned about or is this something that can just happen to women? I am 38 and have 2 daughters. Is this something that is heriditary? I just dread the thought of a surgery. If anyone has ever been through this I would appreciate some info. Thanks so much :)