Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Enlarged left overy

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Enlarged left overy

Hi im 29y old f recentlly i have been diagnosed with an enlarged left overy with a TVS the size of the overy is 3.9*1.9*3.8cm having volume 14.9cm whereas my right overy is quite small as compear to left. On color doppler increased ovarian and preoverian vascularity is noted .the size of right overy is 2.9.*1.7*2.4cmand its volume is 6.3cm.
IMPRESSION: enlarged left overy with loculated fluid collection seen adjoining the left overy?PID
                        And a small hypoechoic lession of 1.1cm seen on the anterior wall of uterus sugestive of fibroid
Please help me that what it could be beacouse i ve irregular periods from last 2 months and lil pain in to my legs and low back please help what should i do next im soo worried about it bec i dont hve a baby yet and really want to have
Tags: worried
Hi There,

thank you for your information. This is an ovarian cancer site. Luckily most cysts of the ovaries are related to ovulation and come and go.
There is nothing about your ultrasound that by itself suggests a cancer.

It sounds like you have a gynecologist or a practitioner who ordered the scan.

You should write down your questions and concerns and make an appointment for a complete consultation.
It is important to see your doctor or nurse practitioner over time to sort out why you have pain . Also a repeat ultrasound is important to see if the cyst is resolving
best wishes