Ensure Plus - Tube Feeding
Has anyone used Ensure Plus (or Ensure) for tube feeding.  Mom had "Jevity 1.2" while in the hospital which is just like ensure but with no flavor and had some special fiber and prebiotics.

Was wondering if Ensure Plus is just as good
You need to compare the calorie's and mineral composition.  The fiber is there to decrease the chance of diarrhea, which is a side effect of some tube feedings formulas. You could call the hospital and ask to speak to the nutritionist.  What formula did they suggest your mother be on?  More than likely over the time she was in the hospital they used a couple.  Thoughts are with you
The nutritionist didn't even bother to come back after talking to her.  Basically she's been on TPN for months, then they finally did a PEJ (J) tube and started her on Jevity 1.2 (also by Ross).  Esentially it looks the same as Ensure (both by the same company but ensure plus has more vitamin and mineral percentages) but Jevity had FOS which is supposed to be some prebiotics to help create natural bacteria and also fiber.  Ensure plus dosen't seem to have any fiber in it.

Anyways the note on discharge said Jevity or equivalent at the store.  Since no stores sell Jevity, I'm assuming that means Ensure :)

Just wondering if anyone had experience taking ensure via a tube and any suggestions.
Ensure does work, and it is a tube feed used in hospitals.  If your mom does develop diarrhea you may need to add some fiber, believe it or not, metamucil is fiber.  The calories are important and need to be equibable.  Try it and see how she does.  
great thanks!  I just wanted to make sure because the Jevity had fiber and FOS in it and it kept her regular.  This is important because for months she barely had anything and then with the high amounts of dilaudid pain medication she gets, I always fear constipation.

your welcome, your mom has a great son, I think about what a gift you are giving her.