Ovarian Cancer Community
Fibroid tumors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Fibroid tumors

I went for my yearly obgyn visit and I have been having problems with my cycle for about three months now. She sent me for an ultrasound and a biopsy and the tests came back as having 4 fibroid tumors with the largest one the size of a grape. My question that I forgot to ask my dr is what are the chances of these fibroids turning into cancer. I am having a procedure in August called an Endometrial Ablation and then having a Mirena incerted for birth control. Any information to put my mind at ease will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,   I have a fribroid on my uterus.Im going for a ultrasound next week and they can grow the size of a watermelon.....My OBGYN told me fribroids most of the time is benign nothing to worry......Is your uterus is enlarge? Do you get pressure on your bladder go frequent urination?.......This is what I do...
No, I just have irregular periods and heavy bleeding. When I am about to start I cramp real bad. When I went to get my ultrasound she had a hard time finding it. I just worry about the word tumor.My mom died of breast cancer and you know worry worry worry. Mine are all benign but I was wondering what are the chances of them becoming cancerous. I guess I need to talk to my dr.
I am going to have a procedure Endometrial Ablation, that is where they destroy the lining of the uterus. I guess there are several kinds: Electrical, laser, thermal. I don't know what kind yet she will be doing. I have to go 1 week before procedure to see her again.
The work 'tumor' throws up a lot of red flags, but fibroids are rarely cancerous. Something like .1 percent of them become malignant. I just had one the size of a baseball removed. Prior to surgery everyone (three doctors and two ultrasound techs) thought it was an ovarian cyst, but they found it was a fibroid when they did the laproscopy. I don't know anything about endometrial ablation, but do some research and jot down all your questions for your doctor. Informed patients always fare better.