Ovarian Cancer Community
Fibroids?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibroids?

Hi,
I had a pelvic exam today, and was found to have an enlarged uterus, leaning towards the right. The doctor sent me to do a vaginal ultrasound and noted that it could be a fibroid or an ovarian cyst. I'm a little concerned, because I've been a bit under the weather for a few months now, with swollen (cervical and axillary) lymph nodes, some digestion issues (loose bowels, bloating, burping etc.), and middle back pain. I've read these can be symptoms of ovarian cancer, and I'm a bit of a hypochondriac...
What I want to know is- can fibroids cause some of those symptoms as well? can they really tell the difference between fibroid and other problems by ultrasound? Are there other tests I should be requesting?
thanks!