Fibroids?
I had a pelvic exam today, and was found to have an enlarged uterus, leaning towards the right. The doctor sent me to do a vaginal ultrasound and noted that it could be a fibroid or an ovarian cyst. I'm a little concerned, because I've been a bit under the weather for a few months now, with swollen (cervical and axillary) lymph nodes, some digestion issues (loose bowels, bloating, burping etc.), and middle back pain. I've read these can be symptoms of ovarian cancer, and I'm a bit of a hypochondriac...
What I want to know is- can fibroids cause some of those symptoms as well? can they really tell the difference between fibroid and other problems by ultrasound? Are there other tests I should be requesting?
thanks!
The common symptoms of fibroids are heavy periods, bleeding between periods, abdominal swelling, frequent urination, and lower back pain.

The symptoms that you list do seem to me more like those of an ovarian cyst.  However, keep in mind that the symptoms of an ovarian cancer are the same as those for a benign ovarian mass, so further study will be needed to determine what your condition is.

What has your doctor suggested as the next step?