Ovarian Cancer Community
Fighting Cancer with natural products

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Fighting Cancer with natural products

The Natural Way.  I am not in remission and I opted not to take my last Chemo treatment because it had pulled me down so bad, my platletts were only 40,000.  I was so tired and week.  My CA125 was 11.  I am on my second week of all Natural vitamins, supplements and diet.  That is why I am trying to find the Medicine Man Tea.  So far, I feel good, I can usually tell when the cancer is growing because my stomach will become larger and I will have a little pain down low.  Has anyone else tried this approach to fighting cancer.  I will go back May 8 to my onoco to get another CA125 taken.  She does not know I am trying this, she just knows my body was weaken from all of the chemo.  
Hi, before and during my chemo, I have been taking Resihi Mushroom along with 4000mg of vitamin C and multivitamin/vitamin e 1000mg,acidophelous, calcium,iron.  During my 6chemo, I started taking ginger capsules and have increased my vitamin C to 10,000 mg.  My ca125 is down to 11.  Due to scheduling at the hospital, I have had a 5 week gap between the last and the next chemo, I continued my vitamincs & mushroom/ginger and added N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) to clean out free radicals. Have decided that if I recurre, I will do the Ginger treatment that has been mentioned by Conquerer on previous postings.  My ONC knows about all these (except NAC) and approves of them being taken during chemo.  
I feel great, had almost no sideeffects (only hair lose) and gainned way too much weight to quickly.
Keep me posted and good luck.
From my research, Maitake D-Fraction (get the most potent one avaliable via Matiake Products Inc www.maitake.com 'griffin pro') is probablly the best and safest supplement to take unless you have an allergy to mushrooms.

With that, 1000mg of Vitamin C has a synergetic effect with Maitake D-Fraction (makes it more potent) and when used with chemotherapy, tumor regression goes to the 80 and 90 percentile (sometimes d-fraction by itself gets to this range depending on the cancer type).

Beyond that, for Ovarian Cancer, DIM and Genistein (a soy isoflavone) are things I've talked about to others for a while now and have recently been proven to work by UCLA researchers (  http://www.alanpeto.com/ovarian_cancer/blogs/9/Soy-broccoli-anti-cancer-link-explained.html )

A good multivitamin is something you should also take.  I have my mom on the Nature's Way "Alive" multivitamin.  Takes about 3 pills per day (the recommended dose) and has a bunch of different things in it as well (such a greens, mushrooms, amino acids, etc.).  

There is also a good book out there is called How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine.  This is the one endorsed by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  A really good read and plenty of information, 'attack' plans, nutrition tips, talks about supplements and lots more.  This is a very "safe" way to start your trek with cancer and natural medicine...you'll also see they promote Maitake D-Fraction there.  Here is a URL to the one I got on amazon:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1573223433?ie=UTF8&tag=ovcaresearch-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1573223433

Best success!
More good stuff besides what everyone else recommended.

On chemo--Cod liver oil or fish oil is good. Vitamin D also (at least 1,000 a day). Off chemo--I have used the original Canadian Essia Tea extract where I have a T 3x a day. At one time it was in my liver and it disappeared while doing Essiac. I was having brain surgery so not on chemo. Essiac is very cleansing for the liver.

ImmunPower mushroom AHCC. Load up on cabbage family vegies every day. Eat dandelion greens. I make a good soy sesame seed dressing for them. Green tea, herb teas. All the red fruits including goji.

Best of luck!
I think you should look into Essiac Tea.  It is made from four herbs and on of them the Elm bark is where Taxol was discovered.  kThe Sheep sorrel is to be a real cancer fighter.  Medicine doesn't want herbs to have a place.  I landed in front of a store by chance that solded the powder and when it arrives I am going to make my own tea.  I am in remission my last CA125 was 1.4 but I am on a lot of ginger, mushroom pillls, greens to strangthen my immune. Also take Ciaga a strong antioxidant.  

Good luck I feel our bodys are strong if we help them.