Fluid from Ruptured Cyst ...
Hello Everyone ,
I was just wondering if the fluid released form a ruptured cyst is toxic and what it exactly is . Apparently mine is not dissolving and the doctor said I am now at a high risk for infection.so i guess was Just wondering if anybody else has had thgis problem and what the course of action was .
thank you very much !
God Bless !

I don't know what happens in the case of the rupture of all kinds of cysts, but if it happens to a mucinous cystadenoma, it can be quite serious since it can lead to a certain type of peritonitis.
From what I've read, the fluid from a ruptured cyst is  irritating to the rest of your abdominal lining and organs and can lead to adhesions, but other than that not terribly threatening. My husband's aunt had a cyst that ruptured.  She went to the emergency room in horrible pain, by the time they figured out it wasn't her appendix the pain had subsided and they sent her home, eventually her body just reabsorbed the fluid.  Your doctor would know more though, I would heed his concerns.
That is almnsot exactly what happened to me . I went to the ER and was sent home with vicodin for a ruptured cyst.The doctor is telling me that my body won't absorb the fluid that is there.so I guess it is just a wait and watch kinda thing. Thanks for your help ladies!
Most of the time it just absorbs into the body.
I had a rupture ovarian cyst before and ended going to the emergency room because I thought I was dying from all the pain it caused.  They kept me drugged up for about 12 hours and did a CT scan where they saw the fluid.  My body absorbed the fluid and I was fine after a day or two.  Ask your doctor questions, research, and make them accountable for there prognosis.  Ask for alternate treatment options that might fit your individual care.  God bless!