Fluid in abdomen area.
Asking along the same line as the questions posted before me.  I was told that the fluid in my abdomen area,seen with an ultrasound, was unusual and was a sure sign of cancer (can't remember if he said ovarian cancer or cancer). The post from Sonogram (question not to far below me) noted that her test result stated that the fluid found was most likely "physiologic".  Shouldn't a sample of the fluid be tested first?  How does the sonogram tech or dr determine this? Thank you
Fluid in the abdominal area can be a sign of ovarian cancer, but that doesn't mean that just because you have one sign you have cancer. I would request that the fluid be tested or some extra test run, maybe a CA-125 (even thought they can sometimes be misleading) it's better to be safe. The fluid that you have is it something that was only detected by ultrasound, or is it very visable on the outside as well?
Amaris
This was meant for the doctor but I am curious to know what others have been told.
How you doing Kim?  have been thinking about you and wondering if things are any better for you.
thanks for thinking of me. Last chemo meds put me out of commission for almost 1 week, no fever or vomiting but just didn't feel good, no energy, a back kink in my left shoulder, gas and diahrea...This week I am feeling back to normal just in time for my next round!!! How are you???
You'll need to go to the doctor's forum. This one is for patient -to- patient questions. Good luck.