Found growth while getting MRI
I had a MRI of my gall bladder a month ago and everything was ok but they found a growth in my uterus and now I have to get a Pelvic sonogram tomorrow.   I am scared!  My mother thinks it is a fibroid because they run in the family.    My pap smear was negative.  Has anyone had this happened to them?
help help anybody
Hey there kid...don't be panicing.....no reason to borrow trouble.....it probably is a fibroid since it runs in your family.....99% of all tumors are benign.....the odds are in your favor....let us know what you find out.....at least your "wait and see" isn't a long one!
Peace.
dian
I posted this yesterday, but it looks like it didn't go through...

First, try not to panic. There's no reason. As dian said, most cysts, tumors, etc. are benign. I was in a similar situation: I had an MRI to diagnose back trouble and in addition to the back issue, the pictures showed a large "mass". The ultrasound I then had showed it looking like an ovarian cyst, but when I had surgery to remove it, it turned out to be a large uterine fibroid, which is benign. If fibroids run in your family, that's a likely explanation.

By now, you've had the sonogram... hope it turned out well and your mind is at ease.
I went for my sonogram today and the technician was kind enough to tell me that she found nothing.   Everything was normal.   A technician is not aloud to tell you anything but this technician was so nice and she said "I don't want you going home over the weekend and panicing"    so she told me she didn't see anything.    I wonder what they say in that MRI then??? hmmmmm - So I will give my doctor a call soon.
I you haven't already, I'd request copies of your MRI and sonogram reports (they're yours, you're entitled to see them.) I've found that I get more information from those than I do from the doctors, because the doctors either assume you know more than you do or oversimplify their explanations. The reports give measurements and details in a straightforward manner and any jargon used you can easily clarify with a quick Google search or ask your doctor about.