Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Free Flowing liquid around pelvic area

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Free Flowing liquid around pelvic area

I had both my ovaries removed about 3 years ago and I have been having pelvic pain. Went to ER and had CT scan done..it was noted that I have free flowing fluid in the pelvic area and there is air in my bladder. What can cause this and should I go to my OBGYN?
Hi There
I need a little more information such as what types of surgeries you have had and why
do you still have your uterus?
have you had bladder infections and a recent catheter in your bladder
is there some manipulation you are doing such as douching and something with sex?
what medications are you on?

the most common reason for air in the bladder is some sort of manipulation such as having a catheter
rare reasons are a connection between the bowel which has air in it to the bladder
that is called a fistula
but if you had that I would expect you to be pretty sick with fevers, a bladder infection,  stool in your urine

fluid in the abdomen is very common and it is the amount that tel you if it is normal or abnormal
everyone has a little
there can fluid within old adhesions from prior surgery that is called a seroma
alot of fluid is called ascites that can occur because of cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, heart failure, infection

you definitely should see your doctor to help navigate the results of your tests
take care