Ovarian Cancer Community
Free Fluid in cervical canal and Pouch of Douglas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I recieved my Ultrasound results and I had a collapsing cyst on my left ovary suggesting there has been recent ovulation. My endometrial shadow appears within normal limits although there is a trace of fluid present in the cervical canal. Also there is free fluid in the Pouch of Douglas. Has anyone else had fluid in the cervical canal and Pouch of Douglas? I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal? I'm having a C.T scan tomorrow.

I have a history of endometriosis and have had 2 laproscopies to remove it, my last laproscopy was April last year. I have a constantly blown up stomach and a lump thing growing on my right lower abdomen and its close to my hip, I have lower back aches,pelvic pain, hip pain, bleeding after sex, heavy bleeding, alot of pain, shooting pains over my whole abdomen, I'm always going to the toilet and now have a leaking bladder, another lump on the liver area that I have felt growing for a number of months. My Ultrasound didn't show the lump thing on my right.

I'm trying to get back into see my Gyno if the receptionist would call back today not tommorrow.

Kiwi Kate
What is the Pouch of Douglas?
I think that the Pouch Of Douglas is the Cul de sac area, not to sure. I get confused where all the bits are!!!

Thank you. Like all the other Sisters I would be lost without the Battalion!!!

Kate xxx
Hi Kate...

I am not familar with the pouch of douglas but hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Please let me know how you are doing and if there's anything I can do to further be of support.
Marcy
Yes, the pouch of douglas and what they refer to the cul-de-sac are the same. It is the area of the peritonium between the uterus and the rectum. I have heard of many here who have the fluid there, as did I. Just like it sounds it is a hourshoe like area. I believe the fluid can be from different sourses, like bursting cysts.